12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 3:26 AM by 985154 RSS

Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)

Hi,

We are trying to integrate EBS with Endeca. After following all the steps in the document ID:1497685.1 , we tried to login through EBS url. The reports came up for EAM module. But when we try to drill down on the hyperlink for a specific work-order in the work orders table it is redirecting to home page after asking the user to enter EBS credentials again! Also when we try to drill down based on specific Asset number, we are asked to provide EBS user credentials before the details of specific asset number shows up. Ideally speaking it should not ask the user to enter the login credentials for the second time. Could someone suggest a solution for this.

Thanks,
      Anusha
        • 1. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
          Assuming you are an Oracle employee, you should post all EBS-Endeca integration questions to this internal forum: http://myforums.oracle.com/jive3/forum.jspa?forumID=5425&start=0

Thanks,
          Carrie
          • 2. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
            Hi,

I am not an employee of Oracle. If you have a solution for the above issue please let me know.

Thanks,
            Anusha

Edited by: 982151 on Feb 12, 2013 8:58 PM
            • 3. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
              AMahdy
              Hi Anusha,

Is it redirecting to the main login page of EBS itself or a login page inside the Endeca region?
              When you login again, are you able to go to the desired refinement or it starts over again?

AA
              • 4. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                Dan at Branchbird
                Do you have your custom EBSMDEXSecurityManager deployed correctly on the Endeca-side? This piece is called for each application click on the Endeca Studio pages to check with EBS that you have a valid EBS session. I wonder if you're getting redirected because it can't validate your EBS session.

Thanks,
                Dan
                http://branchbird.com
                • 5. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                  Hi,

It is redirecting to main login page of EBS. After successful login the desired refinement is displayed only for asset number and not for WorkOrders.

Dan, where do I have to look for to see EBSMDEXSecurityManager settings on Endeca side?

Thanks,
                  Anusha

Edited by: 982151 on Feb 13, 2013 9:09 PM

Edited by: 982151 on Feb 13, 2013 11:10 PM
                  • 6. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                    AMahdy
                    Hi,

This is not a custom MDEXSecurityManager problem, if it wasn't there at the first place she won't be able to see any data at all.
                    I think it's an issue with the EBS installation itself, somehow the session gets destroyed.

I assume you have the admin privileges on Endeca, right? Can you access the control panel of Endeca directly, without EBS? Are you able to see the pages? If you go there, do you still see the problem?

A^2
                    • 7. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                      Hi,

I have admin privileges to Endeca. Yes, I can access the control panel and view pages directly without EBS. But the problem is the same with both EBS side and Endeca side.

Thanks,
                      Anusha
                      • 8. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                        AMahdy
                        Hi,

From Endeca side, asking for EBS credentials as well? Can you provide some screenshots on how it looks like before you drill down and how it looks after clicking?
                        Also in the URL of Endeca (without EBS), is it the same domain exactly as EBS?

A^2
                        • 9. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                          Dan at Branchbird
                          Anusha,

This does sound like a security setup issue, which is why I started with the custom EBSMDEXSecurityManager. However, there are many other places to look. It sounds as if you're suggesting that you can see the EAM-Endeca pages just fine, but when you click on a link within an Endeca results table, instead of going to the WO detail page, it is redirecting you elsewhere. If you have admin Endeca privileges can you go to the "preferences" of the results table and see what the target page URL is for the WO link? Once we've identified the target page (and I believe some EBS Endeca Apps target an intermediate page for security verification purposes), can you ensure your EBS user has proper permissions to view that page? If memory serves, the EBS user might need to be associated to certain security "functions".

Thanks,
                          Dan
                          • 10. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                            Hi

Dan, Once I click on Asset Number/WorkOrder in Endeca results table, it is redirecting to EBS login page. The target URLs are correct. My question is about the intermediate security login page. In this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu4fW4u9wJY , the user does not see this intermediate login page, instead directly goes to desired refinement page. In our system, after successful 2nd login, asset details goes to desired page but the WorkOrders takes us to home page!

Thanks,
                            Anusha
                            • 11. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                              AMahdy
                              Hi,

FYI - The target URL should be something similar to this:

/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=EAM_WORK_RELATIONSHIP&WipEntityId=${WIP_ENTITY_ID}&OrgId=${ORGANIZATION_ID}&OAHP=EAM_MAIN_SS&OASF=EAM_WORK_RELATIONSHIP

It sounds to me that it's taking you somewhere else as Dan suggested.

A^2

Edited by: AMahdy on Feb 15, 2013 8:12 AM
                              • 12. Re: Endeca-EBS integration( EAM module)
                                Hi,

The target URL is similar to the one you have mentioned.

Thanks,
                                Anusha