3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 10:32 AM by 965674 RSS

essbase.cfg

Hi,
      I am upgrading essbase from 7.1 to 11.1.2.2 version and migrating all the cubes from old to new. I found the below configuration settings in 7.1 in essbase.cfg file. In the 11.1.2.2 environment should I add the below settings in the new environment ( 11.1.2.2) as the below settings are not available by default in essbase.cfg.

CALCCACHE TRUE
      CALCCACHEDEFAULT 500000
      CALCCACHEHIGH 199000000
      CALCCACHELOW 100000
      MULTIPLEBITMAPMEMCHECK TRUE
      DLSINGLETHREADPERSTAGE TRUE
      DLTHREADSPREPARE 4
      DLTHREADSWRITE 4
      EXPORTTHREADS XXXXX XXXXX 4
      CALCLOCKBLOCKDEFAULT 500

Can you please provide your input. I appreciate your input.
        • 1. Re: essbase.cfg
          sunil k
          I am sure you can. Most of them are the ones used for performance tuning so they must have been set for a reason.

However the fact that the environment is changing, these settings may or may not remain optimal and you may have to tune them further in your new environment.

I would think that you must be going through performance testing/tuning exercise in the new environment.

Regards,
          Sunil
          • 2. Re: essbase.cfg
            GlennS_3
            While some of them ar egood, I thihk you need to research all of them with reference to 11.1.2.2. For example, the DLTHREADSPREPARE and DLTHREADSWRITE can now be increated. I think to 128, but don't quote me on it. There are other new settings like parallelexport that you will want to explore as well
            • 3. Re: essbase.cfg
              Thanks Sunil and Glenn for your valuable input.