3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 11:29 AM by safarmer RSS

How to create an instance (or instances) of the java card applet?

Here I have a backend, a host application (a terminal)
      and a Java card that needs to be instanced to multiple cards to different users.
      I wonder how you can make instances of Java card applets of different IDs or PINs.

• 1. Re: How to create an instance (or instances) of the java card applet?
          safarmer
          The tool you have in the screenshot is for dealing with an emulator. It sounds like you are trying to install on multiple cards? Or are you just looking to test on the emulator with a unique PIN/ID for each instance?

Having very little experience with the tool you are using, the concept you are after is either an install parameter or personalisation data (which could be a STORE-DATA command).

- Shane
          • 2. Re: How to create an instance (or instances) of the java card applet?
            Yes, I would like to emulate an environment first, but I'd like to know also how to install them later on real cards.
            Thanks
            Jack

Edited by: 933351 on 2013/2/14 下午 9:04
            • 3. Re: How to create an instance (or instances) of the java card applet?
              safarmer
              933351 wrote:
              Yes, I would like to emulate an environment first,
              Unfortunately I cannot help with this (never really used this tool).
              I'd like to know also how to install them later on real cards.
              You need something that can perform the secure channel and card content management functions of the GlobalPlatform card specification. A good starting point is GPShell. It provides a simple scripting interface to be able to:

1) Authenticate with a card with developer keys
              2) Load you cap file(s)
              3) Instantiate any instances you require (you can have multiple instances from a single applet)
              4) Send arbitrary APDU's to the card for testing.

GPShell has a README text file that is a good reference and there are sample scripts for a number of card types.

- Shane