This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 1:14 AM by Vinitha G RSS

Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute

Vinitha G Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

As a developer and reviewing the properties associated with an attribute at Entity level found the availability of property called autoSubmit . autoSubmit is the property that submits the value on giving tab. When the same property is available at UI - JSFF level against the attribute what is the use of the same property in EO level. Kindly clarify what is the difference and the usages of the same.

Regards,
Vinitha G
  • 1. Re: Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    Vinitha, please tell us your jdev version!

You are talking about the property available in the UI-Hint (or control hints) tab of the attribute?
    This is a hint for the component which is used to display this attribute to set its autoSubmit attribute to true. So ti my knowledge they are the same. Difference is that you are able to overwrite the setting in the UI component. The setting in the EO is a 'hint' only.

Timo
  • 2. Re: Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute
    Joonas Linkola Journeyer
    To add to Timo's answer, if I recall correctly setting the autosubmit at EO/VO level will enable it in OOTB query components in which you can't set the property on component level. This allows you to use e.g. dependent LOVs in the query component.

- Joonas
  • 3. Re: Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Vini,

first I think we need to adjust your question to ensure we answer the right thing

1. auto submit is a property on the View Object, not the entity
    2. When you mean "giving tab" you mean using the tab key to navigate to a next field

The answer is that both do the same thing. When you configure auto submit on a VO then this is a central configuration that is used with all instances of this view object within the application,. Setting auto submit on a field directly onlly works for this incident of the VO attribute usage

Frank
  • 4. Re: Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute
    Vinitha G Newbie
    Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

In reply to Timo -> My version of JDEV is 11.1.2.0.0

In reply to Frank -> Thanks for the reply....Hi, created an EO called Employee and on selecting the attribute EmployeeId and seeing the UiHints tab found the property Auto submit that is set to the Attribute. This property is available in both EO and VO.

So with your reply the understandability is that the Auto submit property in EO/VO level when set to true is enough and when the same Vo is used in the jsff , it does the necessary functionality of the autosubmit property. But please clarify though having set the Auto submit property of ManagerId as true at VO , when dragged and dropped the Vo to the jsff , the attribute in the jsff does not hold the auto submit property . Why is it like that.... Is there a difference or am i missing something .. Is there any other difference.....

VO file

<ViewAttribute
    Name="ManagerId"
    PrecisionRule="true"
    EntityAttrName="ManagerId"
    EntityUsage="Employee"
    AliasName="MANAGER_ID">
    <Properties>
    <SchemaBasedProperties>
    <AUTOSUBMIT
    Value="true"/>
    </SchemaBasedProperties>
    </Properties>
    </ViewAttribute>

jsff level component

<af:inputText value="#{bindings.ManagerId.inputValue}" label="#{bindings.ManagerId.hints.label}"
    required="#{bindings.ManagerId.hints.mandatory}" columns="#{bindings.ManagerId.hints.displayWidth}"
    maximumLength="#{bindings.ManagerId.hints.precision}" shortDesc="#{bindings.ManagerId.hints.tooltip}"
    id="it9">
    <f:validator binding="#{bindings.ManagerId.validator}"/>
    <af:convertNumber groupingUsed="false" pattern="#{bindings.ManagerId.format}"/>
    </af:inputText>

Regards,
    Vinitha G

Edited by: Vini on Feb 18, 2013 1:14 AM
  • 5. Re: Diff b/w autosubmit property avail in EO and in jsff level for an attribute
    Vinitha G Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can you help me with a sample to understand the statement conveyed from your end..

Regards,
    Vinitha G

Edited by: Vini on Feb 18, 2013 1:13 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points