10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 2:02 AM by Carlo den Otter RSS

EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2

maylo
      Hi All,
      I am currently trying to upgrade database to 11gR2 following instruction in 1058763.1. When i try to apply the 6400501 patch (10.1.0.5 version x86), i get this:

OPatch found the word "error" in stderr, please look into it.
      You may have to run the make again.
      Stderr Output (from /u01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/.patch_storage/6400501/make_local.stderr):
      /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6/32/libgcc_s.so: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail@GLIBC_2.4'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [u01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/rdbms/lib/rman] Error 1

OPatch encounters the following Make issues:
      Error for command: cd /u01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2//rdbms/lib; /usr/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk irman ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2" 2>/u01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/.patch_storage/6400501/make_local.stderr
      Replying 'Y' will terminate the patch rollback immediately. It WILL NOT restore any updates that have been performed to this point. It WILL NOT update the inventory.
      Replying 'N' will continue with updating the inventory showing the patch has been removed.

Do you want to STOP?
      Please respond Y|N >
      y
      Make Error!
      ERROR: OPatch failed during patching, possibly due to missing files.

I tried to do the relink:
      # unlink /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6
      # ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libXtst.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6

But i keep getting the same error. Is there anything else i could try?
      Thanks in advance, Maylo

PS.
      I am running R12.1.1 with 11.1.0.7.0 on x64 OL6
        • 1. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl confirm you downloaded the correct version of patch 6400501

How to apply Patch 6400501 to a Release 12 APPS-Tier ORACLE_HOME ? [ID 799907.1]

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            I tried to do the relink:
            # unlink /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6
            # ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libXtst.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6

But i keep getting the same error. Is there anything else i could try?
            Thanks in advance, Maylo
            Please complete all the steps under "Link to Motif library in Oracle Application Server 10.1.2 (on Oracle Linux 5, RHEL 5, Oracle Linux 6 and RHEL 6 only)" section in (Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]).

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
              EBSDBA
              Hi,

Please follow "after installation" part in

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]

You will need to apply patch 12415211 and create links, as you are on OEL6.

Thanks
              • 4. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                maylo
                Thank you very much, EBSDBA, this solved the problem. Of course, thanks to all of you for taking your time.

All the best,
                Maylo
                • 5. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                  EBSDBA
                  Hi,
                  You are welcome and nice to hear that issue solved.

The credit goes to brother Hussein.

PlEase mark the thread as closed.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                    maylo
                    Hi again,

I have a question about upgrading DB to 11gR2. Using DBUA, performed upgrade, and reached the point where I'm supposed to set Database Initialization Parameters (according to 396009.1). However, during the upgrade, I chose option "Do Not Move Database Files", and now I don't have initPROD.ora in my new $ORACLE_HOME/dbs. Which files should I copy from the old ORACLE_HOME? Which to edit? Any advice would do, thanks in advance.

Maylo
                    • 7. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                      Srini Chavali-Oracle
                      Copy over the init.ora file from the old ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory to the new ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory, and make needed changes as per the MOS Doc you mention.

HTH
                      Srini
                      • 8. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        maylo wrote:
                        Hi again,

I have a question about upgrading DB to 11gR2. Using DBUA, performed upgrade, and reached the point where I'm supposed to set Database Initialization Parameters (according to 396009.1). However, during the upgrade, I chose option "Do Not Move Database Files", and now I don't have initPROD.ora in my new $ORACLE_HOME/dbs. Which files should I copy from the old ORACLE_HOME? Which to edit? Any advice would do, thanks in advance.

Maylo
                        You should have the init.ora file under the same directory. However, if the file is missing you can copy it from the old $ORACLE_HOME as mentioned above.

Please refer to these docs for setting those initialization parameters.

Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 396009.1]
                        bde_chk_cbo.sql - EBS initialization parameters - Healthcheck [ID 174605.1]

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        • 9. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                          Carlo den Otter
                          Hello Maylo,

Once you have the database running, before you run step 23 Implement and run AutoConfig you can rename the init.ora file being used and then autoconfig will create a new one with the required values.

Regards, Carlo.
                          • 10. Re: EBS R12 database upgrade to 11gR2
                            maylo
                            Thanks to all of you people, for your advices, I copied .ora file from the old ORACLE_HOME/dbs and adjusted its values and then I started AutoConfig . Seems it did the job fine.