This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 10:56 AM by 990907 RSS

Page creation computation

990907 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am working with Application Express 3.2.0.00.27 on Oracle 11g R1. Our application just went over 1000 pages, the problem I am having is the next page of 1001 seems to be as high a number as the page creation computation will generate. I have added other pages and can manually enter the correct page number at a higher count.

All pages that are created at this point now display a page number of 1001 at the Create Page, Page Attributes page, the count will not increment automatically. I have searched and can not locate any reference to a limit on the number of pages Apex can handle nor can I locate a limit on the page creation computation.

Would anyone else have experienced this or know of a setting where this would be determined? Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Page creation computation
    scott.wesley Guru
    That's very interesting - and you have a massive application.

APEX 4.2 now creates page 1001 under certain conditions (mobile login), but I've never found a state where all the gaps are filled - but I would imagine this has been corrected for.
  • 2. Re: Page creation computation
    fac586 Guru
    Deano wrote:
    I am working with Application Express 3.2.0.00.27 on Oracle 11g R1. Our application just went over 1000 pages, the problem I am having is the next page of 1001 seems to be as high a number as the page creation computation will generate. I have added other pages and can manually enter the correct page number at a higher count.
    That's a lot of pages. What does this application do? Why create so many pages in one app? How do you manage and deploy changes in it?
    All pages that are created at this point now display a page number of 1001 at the Create Page, Page Attributes page, the count will not increment automatically. I have searched and can not locate any reference to a limit on the number of pages Apex can handle nor can I locate a limit on the page creation computation.

Would anyone else have experienced this or know of a setting where this would be determined?
    I think very, very few people (if any) will have experienced this as there are likely to be few other installations that have single apps with 1000+ pages and no gaps in page numbering sequence. Given the nature of the problem and the old, unsupported version it's not something that can be easily reproduced.

Generally systems that could run to 1000+ pages would be designed using a modular approach and consist of a number of integrated smaller apps.
  • 3. Re: Page creation computation
    990907 Newbie
    Thank you for the comments, they have helped a great deal. I see where it would be difficult to reproduce with the outdated version. We are looking at the modular approach, just never went that way due to some of our limits that need to be re-evaluated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points