3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 3:18 PM by 989098 RSS

How to do multiple retries on payroll or retro pay

Hi

We have a case , where we need to retries after payroll if there are any issues with
      some partners , at that time we used to go to each and every employee and click on retry ..it will pick during retry process , if i want to do for more than 30 employees at a time is there any way for that ..like any API ..please advise
        • 1. Re: How to do multiple retries on payroll or retro pay
          I am not aware of the API's but there is another way to retry a group assuming all of them belong to the same payroll. You need to create multiple assignment sets if you have diff payrolls within your group

1) Create an assignment set with the list of all the people on which you have to rerun the payroll.
          2) Run the conc program "Mark Payroll Run for Retry" and select the payroll run and feed in the assignment set name
          3) Run the conc program "Retry US Payroll Process" and select the payroll run you want to retry

This should work

-Karthik
          • 2. Re: How to do multiple retries on payroll or retro pay
            I have tried for one employee using assignment set , but it did not make the assignment for retry ..and there are no post payroll
            actions , can u please confirm ..there is any pre requisite i need to take care
            • 3. Re: How to do multiple retries on payroll or retro pay
              No, there are no prerequisites besides the steps I have mentioned. It's surprising since it worked for me when I followed the same steps

Are you sure you are using the correct payroll run & pay period for the employee when you are choosing the payroll action from the LOV. This is the only step which I could think of that might not allow the employee to get picked up.