12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2013 12:07 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle

Database Deinstall tool.

user378212
      Hi,

would anyone tell me about the new database EE un-install tool for windows. where to find it; i could not locate this in OTN

thanx

Mustafa
        • 1. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post exact details of OS and database versions. Directions to install and run the deinstall tool are in the docs - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24186/deinstall.htm#CIHDGGJJ

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
            user378212
            hi,

Database: 11g EE 11.2.0

thanx
            • 3. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
              oradba
              You find the deinstall utility on the download site (near the bottom):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/112010-win64soft-094461.html
              • 4. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                Helios-GunesEROL
                Hi;

Please see my blog:
                http://heliosguneserol.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/how-to-remove-oracle-11gr2-on-windows-7/

Regard
                Helios
                • 5. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                  user378212
                  Hi Again,

i run the deinstall batch with the following parameters but it doesn't seem successful, the services are still existed and the database home folder still exists:

specify the type of this database (1.Single Instance Database|2.Oracle Restart E
                  abled Database) [1]: 1
                  Specify the diagnostic destination location of the database [c:\app\diag\rdbms\o
                  rcl]: <ENTER>
                  Specify the storage type used by the Database ASM|FS []: FS========================= I dont know what this means!
                  Specify the list of directories if any database files exist on a shared file sys
                  tem. If 'orcl' subdirectory is found, then it will be deleted. Otherwise, the sp
                  ecified directory will be deleted. Alternatively, you can specify list of databa
                  se files with full path [ ]: <ENTER>

Specify the fast recovery area location, if it is configured on the file system.
                  If 'orcl' subdirectory is found, then it will be deleted. []: <ENTER>

Specify the database spfile location [ ]: <ENTER>

####################### CHECK OPERATION SUMMARY #######################
                  Oracle Home selected for deinstall is: c:\app
                  Inventory Location where the Oracle home registered is: C:\Program Files\Oracle\
                  Inventory
                  The following Windows and .NET products will be deconfigured from the Oracle hom
                  e : null
                  The following databases were selected for de-configuration : orcl
                  Database unique name : orcl
                  Storage used : FS
                  No Enterprise Manager configuration to be updated for any database(s)
                  No Enterprise Manager ASM targets to update
                  No Enterprise Manager listener targets to migrate
                  Checking the config status for CCR
                  Oracle Home exists but CCR directory does not exists and also CCR is not configu
                  red
                  CCR check is finished
                  Do you want to continue (y - yes, n - no)? [n]: y

RESULTS
                  Removing service 'Oraclec_app_product_112~1.0_dbhome_2ConfigurationManager' on t
                  he local node : Failed <<<<

Removing service 'OracleDBConsoleorcl' on the local node : Failed <<<<
                  Removing service 'OracleJobSchedulerORCL' on the local node : Failed <<<<
                  Removing service 'OracleMTSRecoveryService' on the local node : Failed <<<<
                  Removing service 'OracleOraDb11g_home1ClrAgent' on the local node : Failed <<<<
                  Removing service 'OracleServiceORCL' on the local node : Failed <<<<
                  Removing service 'OracleVssWriterORCL' on the local node : Failed <<<<

Oracle Universal Installer cleanup completed with errors.

PLEASE HELP
                  • 6. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                    oradba
                    There are some 'file in use' issues on Windows, I recommend this workaround:

1) Stop all Oracle related services manually
                    2) Rename %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to %ORACLE_HOME%binxxx
                    3) Reboot the machine
                    4) Rename %ORACLE_HOME%\binxxx back to %ORACLE_HOME%\bin
                    5) Run deinstall utility
                    Specify the storage type used by the Database ASM|FS []: FS========================= I dont know what this means!
                    FS means FileSytem, ASM is Automatic Storage Management, in your case FS is correct.
                    • 7. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                      user378212
                      Hi oradba,

I tried the workaround, but still the same issue.

thanx
                      • 8. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                        oradba
                        Currently I don't have a Windows 7 environment (recently no problems on Windows XP). Did you check Helios' link?
                        • 9. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                          Srini Chavali-Oracle
                          Pl see if MOS Doc 1088324.1 (11gR2 Deinstall fails on Windows 7) can help.

HTH
                          Srini
                          • 10. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                            user378212
                            Dears,

this time the deinstall tool results are different than yesterday. the only different step i made today is that i started a command prompt session using "Run as Administrator". below are the results:

1- the Oracle home folder was deleted.
                            2- start menu shortcuts were removed
                            2- some of the services were deleted but not all, the following services still exists:
                            - Oraclec_app_product_112~1.0_dbhome_2ConfigurationManager
                            - Oraclec_oracle_middle~1_utilsConfigurationManager
                            - OracleDBConsoleorcl

I forgot to tell that I have Jdeveloper and Weblogic installed. I guess the second service above is related to weblogic.

Now I am planning to re-install the database again and i have the following questions:

1- The Express edition will not work on windows 7 64 bit ... Correct?
                            2- If i reinstall the enterprise edition, which of the following requires less resources (RAM and CPU usage)?
                            a- Standard
                            b- Standard One
                            c- Personal
                            d- Enterprise

the whole perpose is that i want to develop middleware app that connects to OracleDB and deployed useing WebLogic.

Thank you all for your continous support.

Mustafa
                            • 11. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                              User9156843-Oracle
                              11gR2 Deinstall fails on Windows 7 [ID 1088324.1] resolves the issue that deinstall fails to completely remove my Oracle 11g R2 installed on Windows 7 64 bit.

+*<moderator edit - deleted MOS Doc content - pl do NOT post such content - it is a violation of your Support agreement>*+                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                              • 12. Re: Database Deinstall tool.
                                Srini Chavali-Oracle
                                914105 wrote:
                                Dears,

this time the deinstall tool results are different than yesterday. the only different step i made today is that i started a command prompt session using "Run as Administrator". below are the results:

1- the Oracle home folder was deleted.
                                2- start menu shortcuts were removed
                                2- some of the services were deleted but not all, the following services still exists:
                                - Oraclec_app_product_112~1.0_dbhome_2ConfigurationManager
                                - Oraclec_oracle_middle~1_utilsConfigurationManager
                                - OracleDBConsoleorcl

I forgot to tell that I have Jdeveloper and Weblogic installed. I guess the second service above is related to weblogic.

Now I am planning to re-install the database again and i have the following questions:

1- The Express edition will not work on windows 7 64 bit ... Correct?
                                Correct - XE is not certified/supported on Win 7 64bit.
                                2- If i reinstall the enterprise edition, which of the following requires less resources (RAM and CPU usage)?
                                a- Standard
                                b- Standard One
                                c- Personal
                                d- Enterprise
                                All these versions differ only in the features that are available in them - choose the one that most suits your needs

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/editions.htm#CJACGHEB

the whole perpose is that i want to develop middleware app that connects to OracleDB and deployed useing WebLogic.

Thank you all for your continous support.

Mustafa
                                HTH
                                Srini