7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 7:14 AM by SH RSS

reports on ODI's Execution Log

Dinesh Patil
      Please let me know how to export / extract required information from execution log from Operator.
      To breif, If I want to know execution time , records inserted,updated,deleted from specific time, Is there any tool or option availble in ODI .

Thanks in Advance,
      Dinesh.
        • 1. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
          Bhabani Ranjan
          yes you can. you can insert them into an audit table or you can use them in odi send mail to send the details via mail.
          Depends on your customization.

The basic codes required are given below.

<%=odiRef.getPrevStepLog("DURATION")%>
          <%=odiRef.getPrevStepLog("INSERT_COUNT")%>
          <%=odiRef.getPrevStepLog("DELETE_COUNT")%>
          <%=odiRef.getPrevStepLog("UPDATE_COUNT")%>
          <%=odiRef.getPrevStepLog("ERROR_COUNT")%>

Bhabani
          http://dwteam.in
          • 2. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
            Dinesh Patil
            Thanks Bhabani,

We dont use customized audit table so is there any option which will give below number using ODI's table

1.total number of inserts/update/delete in target table only and not intermediate tables (if any)
            2.total number of errors in E$ tables.
            3.and duration at package level.

Thanks in Advance.
            • 3. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
              Bhabani Ranjan
              Then put these substution api in the body part f odisendmail , just after your interface . This will capture the log information.
              • 4. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
                Dinesh Patil
                Thanks Bhabani.

But I am keen to know/use any ODI table where I could get this information like SNP_SESSION, where I can query from database and get the report without changing ODI package.

Thanks again.

Regards,
                Dinesh.
                • 5. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
                  SH
                  The SNP_SESSION able holds the bulk of the data you are looking for. In terms of the errror row information you will need to query the SNP_CHECK_TAB table which is created when static/flow control is enabled, by default, this table will be created in the work schema of your default physical schema of your DB data server. Take a look at this helpful blog with lots more information on this table and the information it holds
                  https://blogs.oracle.com/dataintegration/entry/did_you_know_that_odi_generate
                  • 6. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
                    Dinesh Patil
                    Thanks.
                    At least I could get total number of errors.
                    But Can anyone tell where can I find SNP_SESSION , snp_step_log, snp_sess_task_log tables.
                    As I tried to query on this table on target as well as work schema, I can not find those.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                    Dinesh.
                    • 7. Re: reports on ODI's Execution Log
                      SH
                      All these tables are held in the ODI Work Repostiory.. You will need to connect to this and query the tables