This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 1:19 AM by Peter.Lorenzen RSS

What are the steps required that made Weblogic 10.3.2 able to use JSF 2.0 ?

991541 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Gurus,

I would to ask you if i can make oracle weblogic server 10.3.2 able to use JSF 2.0 rather than JSF 1.2, what are the steps required for that ? What i need is to work JSF 2.0 totally with all features such as parametrized function calling and others like @ManagedBean.

Can you please help me ? Thanks for your support

Mohammed Amr
  • 1. Re: What are the steps required that made Weblogic 10.3.2 able to use JSF 2.0 ?
    Peter.Lorenzen Explorer
    Hi Mohammed,

You need to undeploy JSF 1.2 and then deploy JSF 2.0 from:
    MW_HOME/oracle_common/modules/oracle. jsf_2.0/jsf-ri-20.war

I am not sure if JSF 2.0 was part of the release you are using (ADF 11.1.1.2 / Weblogic 10.3.2?)

If not you should upgrade Weblogic to 10.3.6 and ADF to 11.1.1.6.

Regards Peter

Edited by: Peter Lorenzen . on Feb 17, 2013 12:08 PM
  • 2. Re: What are the steps required that made Weblogic 10.3.2 able to use JSF 2.0 ?
    991541 Newbie
    Hi Peter,

The current setup i have is the following

1- JSF 2.0 Mojarra
    2- Spring 3
    3- i am using CDI for annotations features

What i need, is to

1- deploy this on a production environment (WLS 10.3.2 : which doesn't support JSF2.0) without upgrade (Because it has specific legacy deployments that i can't take the risk of this upgrade)
    2- Limit the modifications and the upgrades (if a must) on the domain level instead of the who application server!

I was able to code annotated Backings using the CDI (@Named) and succeeded in developing basic jsf pages; but the problem is that the el (or i don't know what exactly) is not understanding some JSF/JSP features (for e.g #{loginBacking.login('somestring')} - doesn't work on weblogic while it is working on Tomcat7.0)

PS. in IBM WAS, i was able to use (parent last) option, so that libraries come with the deployment load instead of those shipped with the application server. similar options regarding the weblogic.xml and weblogic-application.xml do not work ....

your help is highly appreciated
  • 3. Re: What are the steps required that made Weblogic 10.3.2 able to use JSF 2.0 ?
    Peter.Lorenzen Explorer
    Sorry I thought that you were using ADF :-)

I have no idea about this.

Regards Peter

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points