4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2013 1:45 PM by 1014120 RSS

Rejecting a request in Custom Workflow

iam37
      Hi

I have a custom workflow at operational level for two level of approvals. Workflow is working fine and assigning the request to the correct role but when a user of that role is trying to Reject the request he is getting the error on the console. I can see the below error in logs:

*[soa_server1] [ERROR] [] [oracle.soa.services.workflow.task] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '9' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: level1approver] [ecid: 5d5629f8c05bbdb0:-69d83486:13ccea452b7:-8000-00000000000147ea,1:30185] [APP: soa-infra] <.> Bulk update is not allowed for this Task.[[*
      This task expects the user to view task details before acting on it.
      Make sure that the task is approved/rejected from task details page. Also ensure that TaskService API which takes task Object as input is used instead of the API which takes taskID as input.
      ORABPEL-30094

Bulk update is not allowed for this Task.
      This task expects the user to view task details before acting on it.
      Make sure that the task is approved/rejected from task details page. Also ensure that TaskService API which takes task Object as input is used instead of the API which takes taskID as input.

As per my understanding the error is trying to say that open the request details page and then reject but the other part of the issue is when i am trying to open the Request details page( by clicking on the approval pending task), OIM is opening a blank pop-up which does not show anything.

Just for the information, We have two Human task in our workflow.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by: iam37 on Feb 16, 2013 4:22 PM
        • 1. Re: Rejecting a request in Custom Workflow
          Durgaprasad
          If you are not able to view Task Details page Dont access OIM using localhost.

Go to Command prompt --> Type host name

For example if you get 'CompUser' access the OIM URL like this

http://CompUser:14000/identity

http://CompUser:14000/sysadmin

Now your Task Details page should work absolutely fine.
          • 2. Re: Rejecting a request in Custom Workflow
            iam37
            Hi Durga

The second part is not my concern, what i am assuming is it can be the browser issue or some host issue.

But the issue is it is throwing the exception for rejecting the request at first level if we are not checking the task details. But at second level we are able to reject the request without even checking the details.

In my workflow, I have two Human tasks for two different level of approval. My thought is that using two Human task is creating this inconsistent behavior.
            Please suggest.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Rejecting a request in Custom Workflow
              Suren.Khatana
              Check the instance ID in enterprise manager and look at the Audit Details .., what is the error message there ?

Thanks
              Suren
              • 4. Re: Rejecting a request in Custom Workflow

Just in case you are using the Oracle documentation on creating a custom taskflow if you have put the toolbar in the top of the stretchpanel layout this gave me this exact issue until I removed it from the top and just left it within its original context within the Task Information tab.