This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 7:29 AM by 989999 RSS

Access entity attributes in JavaScript

989999 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am loading files into the viewer that is embedded in a web page. I need to be able to use links around the page to select an entity in the model and find out some attributes of it with JavaScript. However I can easily find and select the entity using it's ID but cannot select any of the attributes. I know I have got hold of the entity as I am able to give it to the selector to highlight in the model. But when I call attr = ent.getEntityAttributes(); and attempt to pull out an attribute which I know is there (using the build in entity properties viewer in the UI to see) I always get a null returned e.g. attr.getEffectiveAttribute('My_Attribute');

Am I missing something in being able to pull these values out?

Cheers.
  • 1. Re: Access entity attributes in JavaScript
    AutoVueAU Newbie
    Hi,
    It seems that all attribute names defined in VueEntityAttributes interface are not working properly. Others attributes working fine (see entity properties dialogs).
    var japplet = parent.AppletFrame.window.document.applets["JVue"];
    var selector = japplet.getActiveVueBean().getController().get3DController().getSelector();
    +if (sel.count() > 0) {+
    var entity = sel.get()[0];
    var vea = entity.getEntityAttributes();
    alert(vea.getEffectiveAttribute("IDENTIFIER"));           // Returns correct value
    alert(vea.getEffectiveAttribute(vea.ATTRIB_COLOR);  // Retuens null!
    +}+

May be you need to log a bug for this issue.
    Cheers.

Edited by: AutoVue AU on Feb 18, 2013 7:08 AM
  • 2. Re: Access entity attributes in JavaScript
    989999 Newbie
    I had been doing:

vea.getEffectiveAttribute("IDENTIFIER");

to get the values but this also returns null.

Another interesting quirk I have found with this is that I have been using:

vea.anyValueContains("VALUE");

to test to see if my attribute was actually there using the value I know it is set to. The first time I run this function it always returns false but if I click my button again then this function then and continuously from then returns true as it should.

Edit: Just checked actually and some values come through and not all, there are some on a .ifc model I am viewing that I cannot get access to (but do appear on the entity properties dialog) and some built in ones such as NAME and DISPLAY_MODE are also not working where as I can pull out the TRANSLUCENCY one fine (again these all show in the entity properties dialog).

Edited by: 986996 on Feb 18, 2013 7:28 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points