This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 2:25 AM by Dude! RSS

NFS mount issue: not able to mount any NFS shares

946717 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
initially, I got hanging on "df -k" command, then after I reboot the node, df -k alright, but i can not mount any NFS shares. when I manually run "mount /xyz" from /etc/fstab, it gives me # right back, but nothing mounted. I got the following error on my console:

NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory
svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 97).

i worked before.

Thanks for your inputs !
  • 1. Re: NFS mount issue: not able to mount any NFS shares
    Dude! Guru
    What is your NFS server? What is your OS? Your NFS server may still try to resume the previous client session and you have to reset the connection on the server. A communication/networking issue could have been the probem in the first place. Perhaps your firewall blocks communication between the client’s lock manager and the server. How did you mount the NFS share, what options did you specify? Does DNS resolving of hour NFS server work?
  • 2. Re: NFS mount issue: not able to mount any NFS shares
    946717 Newbie
    NFS server is ZFS appliance, i restart it, and it did not help.

2.6.32-200.21.2.el5uek

i tried to restart the node , it did not help.
    no firewall, it has worked.
    i used the IP in /etc/fstab
    options should be all fine, all set by oracle engineer, the following is the example:

192.168.10.151:/export/common/general /u01/common/general nfs rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,tcp,vers=3
  • 3. Re: NFS mount issue: not able to mount any NFS shares
    Dude! Guru
    NFS server is ZFS appliance, i restart it, and it did not help.
    You mean Sun ZFS Storage Appliances?
    192.168.10.151:/export/common/general /u01/common/general nfs rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,tcp,vers=3
    The hard mount option can cause a stuck mount and leave processes in an uninterpretable sleep state without any way to kill it other than rebooting the server. Depending on your NFS purpose and whether the system is mission critical, you might want to consider the use of soft mount using the TCP protocol and an increased retrans option. A soft mount option will at least return an error and any sophisticated program should handle the situation similar to an I/O error.

Your mount command uses NFS v3, not v4. If vers is not specified, the client negotiates a suitable version with the server, trying version 4 first, version 3 second, and version 2 last.

Values for rsize and wsize larger than 1048576 are replaced with 1048576.

The intr and nointr mount option is deprecated after kernel 2.6.25. Only SIGKILL can interrupt a pending NFS operation, that is kill -9.
    NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory
    svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 97).
    Can you try a simple manual mount to see if that works and what error it returns?

# mount -t nfs 192.168.10.151:/export/common/general /u01/common/general

Are you sure the nfs share is not mounting? Are you using rpcbind or portmap? What does rpcinfo -p return?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points