Just applied the Database Plugin 220.127.116.11 on top of the OEM12c - 18.104.22.168.
Since then, there's a strange behavior on the Database page (tested on IE8 and Chrome 16).
Here the scenario :
1. go to the database page
2. check database load map, so far so good
3. here I want the search list, so I check "Search list'
=> the result is that on the new page there's no radio button to select a database, and the showed columns are not the ones I previously configured.
I have to go to an other page, i.e. system (leaving "search list" checked), and go back to the database page. Everything is showed now as expected (except that none of the "Database load' and "Search list" buttons are checked).
I've never notice it before, so I assume this is a regression within the last change I did, applying Database plugin 22.214.171.124.
That's rather annoying and hope to have a fix soon.
Thank you Mark. The bug you mentioned is included in the PSU of JAN2013 (126.96.36.199.1) that I somehow missed.
So, I applied this PSU, but now there's no way at all to get these radio button and as well as no way to confgure the columns I want to see on the "Search List" of the database page.
I raised a ticket to the support, in the meantime if someone has an idea, it's always welcoming.
Mark, thank you for the info. We may or may not like it, but it confirms my first thought that the change was coming from the plugin. Are all the changes listed somewhere ?
What about the columns I'd like to see, such as the plateform the database is running on - like on Agent page (or listener, or OS...) ? It seems this is very limited right now.
As far as I remember it was there before last update.
The new page is in ADF which allows you to select a row in the table without radio buttons.
The ADF tables also allow you to reorder or resize the columns via drag and drop - something that the old page could not do. You can also new columns to the table via View --> Columns table menu option. I do not see platform as one of the column. Checking to see if it was ever there.
After applying DB plugin 188.8.131.52 to my OMS I am also disappointed with the loss of the ability to add various metric data columns to the Targets->Databases search list view. I used this view as my primary interface in EM12c and greatly valued being able to see metrics on this page: redo bytes/second, DB time per second, sessions on CPU, sessions on I/O, and so on. The set of 15 columns available from the View->Columns drop down is severely limited compared to what we had available before and nowhere near as useful. We used to be able to select practically any collected metric.
One more nitpick -- the incidents column is including suppressed incidents. I believe it should not. I have no open, unsuppressed incidents but still see a '1' displayed in this column for a database, based on an incident suppressed 7 months ago.
... Checking to see if it was ever there.
Any progress on this ? I have an opened SR on the same, but it did not change a bit for at least 3 weeks now.
I'm really looking forward an improvement and new plugin to add more columns to the view. Some functionalities have been lost within database plugin 184.108.40.206.
It should be more configurable than it is.
Hello Akansha, thanks for stopping by.
The SR is SR 3-6826919901. I understand from comments above that the radio buttons are not there anymore, it's just an other way of work. But I'd like to have more choice on the showed columns, at least as it was before the last plugin. I'm sure more options were there, unfortunately, I have no instance in previous version to prove it.
"One more nitpick -- the incidents column is including suppressed incidents. I believe it should not. I have no open, unsuppressed incidents but still see a '1' displayed in this column for a database, based on an incident suppressed 7 months ago."
FYI, this came up in another SR and a bug 16226201 is tracking this.