This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 2:46 AM by jriel RSS

starting OEM page from plug-in

985493 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are trying to start an OEM page from a button click of our plug-in page. Is it possible? Could you please help?
  • 1. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    dpapde Explorer
    Pls elaborate your query
  • 2. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    985493 Newbie
    We have the following pages in OEM.

Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Baremetal Provisioning
    Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Database Provisioning
    Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Middleware Provisioning

I am writing a plugin. I would like to start any of the above page from my plugin. Is it possible?
  • 3. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    985493 Newbie
    For example, I can display the Information Publisher Reports page from my plug-in using the following function call

page.invokeActivity(UrlEm.getReportsUrl("Reports", null));

But I want to show any of these pages.

Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Baremetal Provisioning
    Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Database Provisioning
    Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Middleware Provisioning

Is it possible? Is it possible to generate the URL of the above pages?

Edited by: user2258533 on Feb 5, 2013 3:13 AM
  • 4. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    985493 Newbie
    From the section 8.2.5 URL and 8.10.2 URL and Links we understand that we can show Other Enterprise Manager pages from our plug-in. But we could n't find any working examples. The document says that "The reference guide includes a complete list in the oracle.sysman.emx.Constants class of all page constants available and the corresponding parameters that must be specified to produce a URL.". But We could only find Constants.PAGE_AVAILABILITY constant in the Constants which is related with pages (Some other constants are there in the Constants class like AVAIL_AGENT_DOWN, JOB_REASSIGNED_STATUS. But those are not related to any page.)

Our question is it possible to show the Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Baremetal Provisioning page as per the above documentation.

Thanks in advance.
  • 5. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    985493 Newbie
    show the Enterprise > Provisioning and Patching > Baremetal Provisioning page from an OEM-Plugin - Is it really possible? Somebody can answer?
  • 6. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    jriel Newbie
    UrlEm is for URL's that are supported via PAGE_ constants in the oracle.sysman.emx.util.Constants class. The pages that you are asking about do not currently have constants defined for them. You can use UrlRel to access them instead, however please be aware that they are subject to change (though very unlikely). What you would do is this:

var url:UrlRel = new UrlRel("/faces/core-bmp-dashboard", null); // link to Bare Metal Provisioning

The others are "/faces/db-provisioning-dbProvConsole" for Database Provisioning and "/faces/emas-fmwprov-fmwProvConsole" for Middleware Provisioning.
  • 7. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    985493 Newbie
    Thanks for the info friend. It helped me.

Is these details are documented somewhere?

Thanks again.
  • 8. Re: starting OEM page from plug-in
    jriel Newbie
    Not clearly enough. We'll review the formal doc and the sample for the next release (coming soon) to make sure it is properly reflected. Thanks for your help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points