This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
1) Is there a time limit for how long I can watch the class video?You have access to the videos for 90 days from the date of purchase.
2) Is there a time or number limit for when I can take the labs?As part of your Training On Demand course, you are eligible for 5 days access to a live lab environment. The FAQ doesn't specifically say, but presumably these 5 days must be within the 90-day window.
3) If there are time limits when exactly do they start?The 90 day course availability starts when you purchase the course... not when you activate it. Don't purchase until you are ready to start using it. The labs you schedule at some point during that.
4) Is there any course material in the form of electronic files that will be distributed?They come with the same eKit as the regular classroom training.
FAQs for TOD is available here (including answers to several more you didn't ask in this thread):
Specifically, I want to know how much time I need to allocate for the course and labs for a 3, 4 or 5 day course.When done in-class, OE courses tend to take about 5-6 hours per day for lecture and labs. If you can only spend 3 hours per day on the TOD, figure a five-day class will take you about ten days to complete. Work out the math for how much time you can allocate to the class each day to figure out your own completion schedule.
Thanks, this has been a big help.
I understand that I should have plenty of time to watch the videos. The key is the labs.
What exactly does this phrase mean -->> "5 days access to a live lab environment"?
Do I have to take the labs within 5 days of starting the class or will I have access to the labs on 5 days of my choice within the next 90 days?
Thanks for the clarification!
Do I have to take the labs within 5 days of starting the class or will I have access to the labs on 5 days of my choice within the next 90 days?As mentioned in the FAQ that I provided in the earlier post, the lab can be scheduled once during your TOD period. You pick the period. They recommend testing your environment before scheduling the labs. There is even a FAQ entry on how to test.
OK, thanks. I think I've got it now.
I presume that the lab is a linux terminal session and that it is mine and only mine for the 5 day period.
Here's my plan in case anyone else has a similar question:
1) Purchase the course
2) Watch all of the course videos while reviewing the eKit (and while taking notes)
3) Request access to the lab on Wednesday
4) Do the labs for 5 days (over the weekend when I have more time)
Thanks for your patience and responses.