2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 1:51 PM by 977635 RSS

v$metric in Oracle 9i

Hi all,

I know I have seen and used this before, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to get this view into my client's 9i installation.

As I say, I have seen it before in 9i so hopefully someone out there can tell me what I need to do; the 10g and forward manuals are full of information - sadly the 9i ones are not so. I therefore presume it was unsupported (but obviously worked).

Many thanks to anyone with any advice.

Cheers

Graham
        • 1. Re: v$metric in Oracle 9i
          sb92075
          989013 wrote:
          Hi all,

I know I have seen and used this before, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to get this view into my client's 9i installation.

As I say, I have seen it before in 9i so hopefully someone out there can tell me what I need to do; the 10g and forward manuals are full of information - sadly the 9i ones are not so. I therefore presume it was unsupported (but obviously worked).

Many thanks to anyone with any advice.

Cheers

Graham
          "V$METRIC displays the most recent statistic values for the complete set of metrics captured by the AWR infrastructure."

given that AWR did not exist in V9, I suspect that you are mistaken.
          • 2. Re: v$metric in Oracle 9i
            It may have been an undocumented feature in later versions of 9i (9.2.0.8).
            Oracle is notorious for doing that. AWR may have been in there, but they wouldn't not tell anyone.