2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 10:21 PM by user9016606 RSS

Archivelogs can not be maintained via EM

user9016606
      Hi All

I have created a new database 11.2.0.3. It is in archive mode. I set up RMAN image copy backup via EM. Then i add this database backup in to a RMAN repository and Resynchronize sucessfully.

But i can not see archivelogs via EM --> Manage Current Backups--> Image copy. I can see only image copy. I did the same for all of my other databases and i can see archivelogs, image copy backup and the control file backup copy.

I can see all the archivelog in the file system as specified in the parameter file. Even conntecting catalog via RMAN command showing all. My server is linux.

Appriciate if some one can advice me to correct the issue.

Regards

Karunika
        • 1. Re: Archivelogs can not be maintained via EM
          clementeOTN
          Hi

Can you see if your archivelogs are in the FRA?
          With an image copy you are just making a "copy" of your datafiles , with RMAN you cat "pack/zip ypur datafiles and archivelogs " , but, image copy doesn't do it.

You must save in tape image copies and archivelogs (both must be in the FRA)
          • 2. Re: Archivelogs can not be maintained via EM
            user9016606
            Hi

Can you see if your archivelogs are in the FRA?

My archivelogs are in different location that i set in initxxx.ora file. That is not the flashrecovery area.

With an image copy you are just making a "copy" of your datafiles , with RMAN you cat "pack/zip ypur datafiles and archivelogs " , but, image copy doesn't do it.

You must save in tape image copies and archivelogs (both must be in the FRA)

I just want to see my archivelogs via BAckup Maintenace page. I have 22 databases and i can see all but. Recently i upgraded in to 11.2.0.3 version and this is the first database i created after that. I am not sure whether this version stop this or what is going on. I used to remove archivelogs via EM so i dont want to corss check again.

Regards

Karunika