This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 8:46 AM by subhashagarwal RSS

XML Publisher with Service Module - Service Request Reports -- URGENT

582403 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all ... any pointers/help/guidance with the problem listed below would be much appreciated.

I'm working in the context of the Oracle Service Module & Service Request Reports.

I'm required to configure the XML Publisher Responsibility seeded functionality with the service module reports.

Listed below are the two reporting requirements that I'm considering , corresponding to the following seeded XMLP Responsibility seeded components:
(I'm quoting an extract from the Oracle TeleService Implementation & User Guide here).

Detailed Report
Data Definition: Service Request Detail Definition (CS_SR_DETAIL_DEF)
Corresponding Template: Service Request Detail Report Template (CS_SR_DETAIL_TMP.en)
Template Description: Includes all of the available service request attributes including charges, the two descriptive flexfields, and extensible attributes.

Summary Report
Data Definition: Service Request Summary Definition (CS_SR_SUMMARY_DEF)
Corresponding Template: Service Request Summary Report Template (CS_SR_SUMMARY_TMP_en)
Template Description: Includes a subset of the detailed report attributes including the same charges information as the detailed report.

When I log into the EBS >> XML Publisher Administrator Responsibility >> Service Application ... I find these seeded XMLP components, together with the preview data, downloadable templates & sample output.

The question is:
Where (responsibility/application/navigation/etc.) do I find the seeded EBS Service Reports to provide the expected XML input to the seeded XMLP Service Request Data Definitions & Templates????

Notes ...
I have found the following two reports, under the Service Application in EBS, set their output type to XML and viewed the output of the submitted request:
- Service Request Detail Report
- Service Request Summary Report
... but each of these two reports produce XML output of a different data model/structure to that expected by each of the corresponding seeded XMLP data-definitions/templates.

Additionally, I cannot find any corresponding concurrent program definitions on the system with the same SHORT-NAME/CODE as the seeded XMLP data definitions themselves i.e. CS_SR_DETAIL_DEF and CS_SR_SUMMARY_DEF.

Are the necessary reports not actually seeded within EBS? Do the seeded XMLP data definitions & templates require development of new Concurrent Programs from scratch to access the database tables and provide the necessary data/input, or am I missing something here??