This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 5:28 PM by Alf_URI RSS

404 Not Found error

User353235 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have installed Oracle APEX 4.2 and apex Listener 2.0 following the installation guide without installing RESTful service. I am using weblogic for apex liestener configuration. I am confused in steps "Routing Based on the Request Path Prefix" and "Routing Based on Request URL Prefix". http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25066/config.htm#CBDCHGDF

I tried accessing apex admin from url http://loaclhost:7001/apex/apex it gives me 404 not found error. I have verified state of health of 'apex' an 'i' and are ok.

Details:

database : 11g r1 (11.1.0.7)
JDK : 6 Update 26
weblogic :10.3.3.0
database nodename: testdb
hostname of apex lsitener configuration and weblogic: testapps
SID= FTEST

Please suggest how to resolve this.

Thank you.

Edited by: 906610 on Feb 12, 2013 8:07 AM
  • 1. Re: 404 Not Found error
    User353235 Newbie
    Hi,
    any faced such issue or can suggest me how to resolve this.

Thank You.
  • 2. Re: 404 Not Found error
    riedelme Expert
    906610 wrote:
    Hi,
    I have installed Oracle APEX 4.2 and apex Listener 2.0 following the installation guide without installing RESTful service. I am using weblogic for apex liestener configuration. I am confused in steps "Routing Based on the Request Path Prefix" and "Routing Based on Request URL Prefix". http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37099_01/doc/doc.20/e25066/config.htm#CBDCHGDF

I tried accessing apex admin from url http://loaclhost:7001/apex/apex it gives me 404 not found error. I have verified state of health of 'apex' an 'i' and are ok.

Details:

database : 11g r1 (11.1.0.7)
    JDK : 6 Update 26
    weblogic :10.3.3.0
    database nodename: testdb
    hostname of apex lsitener configuration and weblogic: testapps
    SID= FTEST

Please suggest how to resolve this.

Thank you.

Edited by: 906610 on Feb 12, 2013 8:07 AM
    I was just defeated by the Oracle HTTP server yesterday myself (not quite your environment). Gave it up and used the embeddeed PL/SQL gateway on my laptop (not an option for you) which worked after I remembered to unlock the ANONYMOUS user.

Start by making sure the listener is up. Is there a URL you can use to verify it? I was able to verify that the HTTP server was not the problem by using a URL.

Check the configurateion very carefully. Review the installation and configuration instructions (if any).

Check the URL you are usijng very, very carefully - every single character.

Search the internet for information with different combinations of keywords using different search engines. Use keyworks like oracle, apex, 404 not found, etc. in different combinations and different orders

Good luck!
  • 3. Re: 404 Not Found error
    Udo Guru
    Hello,
    I am confused in steps "Routing Based on the Request Path Prefix" and "Routing Based on Request URL Prefix
    Could you outline what exactly you've configured?
    I tried accessing apex admin from url http://loaclhost:7001/apex/apex
    The URL for APEX Admin on your system would usually be +http://localhost:7001/apex/apex_admin+ . Are you sure your URL is correct?
    Is your APEX genereally working, i. e., can you access +http://localhost:7001/apex+ and login to an existing workspace? Use the +internal+ workspace, which is the +apex_admin+ you are trying to access...

-Udo
  • 4. Re: 404 Not Found error
    rijiret Newbie
    Hi,

I am having the same issue.

I install APEX Listener over Glassfish server. All is working fine except the listenerConfigure page. I am getting 404- Not Found.

My configuration is based on document "Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express"

I have two servers (DB Server and APP Server)

Glassfish server is installed on APP Server.

Glassfish 3.1.2
    APPEX Listener 2.0
    Apex 4.2.1

I can access to apex_admin, I can create workspaces, I can read users from Database.

Any clue?

Regards,
    Ricardo

Edited by: rijiret on Feb 20, 2013 1:50 PM
  • 5. Re: 404 Not Found error
    Christoph Explorer
    Rijiret,
    apex listener 2 does not have a listenerConfigure page.
    In order to tell the listener how to connect to the database you need to go back to the command line where the apex.war file is and run:
    $ java -jar apex.war setup
    It will then prompt you for server/port/sid, etc for the database connection.
    Once the configuration is done, re-deploy the apex.war file. The apex login page should then come up.

Christoph
    http://ruepprich.wordpress.com
  • 6. Re: 404 Not Found error
    rijiret Newbie
    Thanks for your answer Christoph.

So I will continue with the implementation.

Regards,
    Ricardo

Edited by: rijiret on Feb 20, 2013 3:04 PM
  • 7. Re: 404 Not Found error
    User353235 Newbie
    Hi Udo,

Thanks for your reply, I did the installation again on a new test instance and the got the same message as before. I did the apex installation and listener configuration as below.

Below are the steps i did to install apex and to configure apex listener using weblogic.

1) Downloaded apex and apex listener zip files (apex_4.2.1.zip, apex_listener.2.0.0.354.17.05.zip).
    2) Unzipped apex_4.2.1.zip in directory /home/oracle/apex on my application server where weblogic is installed (testapps).
    3) created two tablespaces APEX_TAB, APEX_FILES (autoextend on)
    4) cd /home/oracle/apex/apex and installed apex as "@apexins.sql APEX_TAB APEX_FILES TEMP /i/" from sys user.
    5)changes admin password account by running th script @apxchpwd.sql
    6) Unlocked the user APEX_PUBLIC_USER and changed password.
    7) Unziped apex listener zip file apex_listener.2.0.0.354.17.05.zip under /home/oracle/apex_listen directory on the same application server (testapps).
    8)configured oracle application listener as:
    $ cd /home/oracle/apex_listen
    $ java -jar apex.war
    I provided the SID (FTEST), dbhostname (testdb), password for APEX_PUBLIC_USER, and skipped for RESTful services and for starting on stand alone mode. (I may be missing some more values i provided, but not sure).

It created apex.war under listener directory (/home/oracle/apex_listen) and defaults.xml and conf dir under /home/oracle/apex directory.
    9) Since i am not using https, i have added below entry to defaults.xml
    <entry key="security.verifySSL">false</entry>
    </properties>
    10) created web archive for apex images as
    java -jar apex.war static /home/oracle/apex/apex/images

it created i.war file.
    11) I have deployed apex.war and i.war by following all the steps mentioned in installation guide. Both 'apex' and 'i' is in state 'Active' and health 'OK'.
    12) Added below line to config.xml of weblogic server (as mentioned in installation guide under "Configure WebLogic to Handle HTTP Basic Challenges Correctly").

<enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>false</enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials>
    </security-configuration>
    13) Enabled network service by executing the procedure given under "Enable Network Services in Oracle Database 11g - Granting Connect Privileges" in installation guide.
    14)Disables XML DB Protocol Server by below running procedure.
    EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETHTTPPORT(0);

Now when i try to connect using apex admin url (http://testapps.fakiehgroup.com:7001/apex/apex_admin), it gives me message "ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS LISTENER 404 - Not Found.

Note: This machine (testapps) also has e-business running on it.

Thank You.
  • 8. Re: 404 Not Found error
    User353235 Newbie
    Hi Udo,

I just saw blow error in Adminserver.log file:

<Feb 25, 2013 11:25:29 AM GMT+03:07> <Error> <Default> <BEA-000000> <The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
    ORA-01882: timezone region not found

oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
    ORA-01882: timezone region not found

I saw your answer on thread ORA-01882: timezone region  not found , in which file i have to modify this timezone settings.

Thank You.

Edited by: 906610 on Feb 25, 2013 12:55 AM
  • 9. Re: 404 Not Found error
    Alf_URI Newbie
    906610 thanks for sharing/pointing Udo's solution to similar issue:

I'm getting:
    Feb 26, 2013 7:02:45 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase modApex
    SEVERE: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
    Any ideas where/how to fix this

Cheers
    Alf
  • 10. Re: 404 Not Found error
    Alf_URI Newbie
    Thanks Christoph for the note about apex listener 2 does not have a listenerConfigure page.
    Also it looks like it the listenerAdmin page is also gone so after just doing java -jar apex.war setup to reconfigure the setting the main apex login page came up.... Thanks.

Cheers
    Alf
  • 11. Re: 404 Not Found error
    Alf_URI Newbie
    Hi mates, I've resolved:
    Alf_URI wrote:
    906610 thanks for sharing/pointing Udo's solution to similar issue:

I'm getting:
    Feb 26, 2013 7:02:45 PM oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase modApex
    SEVERE: The pool named: apex is not correctly configured, error: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
    ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
    Any ideas where/how to fix this

Cheers
    Alf
    By correcting/changing
    <entry key="db.servicename">urdb</entry>
    going to:
    <entry key="db.servicename">urdb.urimagination.local</entry>
    On the defaults.xml file under ../apex/apex
    on my case:
    02/25/2013 19:49:21 oracle:rhel6:urdb:/u04/apex/apex~> *** Pre-production System Be Careful ***
    $vi defaults.xml

This entry has to match what ever service name is there in the db. in my case:
    13:04:32 SYS@urdb@<-11.2.0.3->rhel6.urimagination.local>show parameter service

<pre>
    13:04:32 SYS@urdb@<-11.2.0.3->rhel6.urimagination.local>show parameter service

NAME TYPE VALUE
    ____________ _____ ____________________
    service_names string urdb.urimagination.local
    19:52:13 SYS@urdb@<-11.2.0.3->rhel6.urimagination.local>
    </pre>

On the defaults.xml file under ../apex/apex
    on my case:
    02/25/2013 19:49:21 oracle:rhel6:urdb:/u04/apex/apex~> *** Pre-production System Be Careful ***
    $vi defaults.xml
    <entry key="db.servicename">urdb.urimagination.local</entry>
    save the file
    updated and then restarted the apex.war deployment on weblogic admin console side and then the reload the Apex Main Login Page
    http://rhel6.urimagination.local:7001/apex

and now it works like a charm...

Cheers
    Alf

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points