2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 7:33 AM by user480768 RSS

APEX Authentication method

user480768
      The authentication for APEX is related to Workplace, say I create a Workplace hr, I can log into hr workplace as administrator and choose which authentication method (APEX, Ldap ..) to be used for my hr workplace. Is this correct for the APEX? Is there any detail documents relate to the configuration for LDAP authentication? Thanks for your comments.

Kevin
        • 1. Re: APEX Authentication method
          Kevin Liao wrote:
          The authentication for APEX is related to Workplace, say I create a Workplace hr, I can log into hr workplace as administrator and choose which authentication method (APEX, Ldap ..) to be used for my hr workplace. Is this correct for the APEX? Is there any detail documents relate to the configuration for LDAP authentication? Thanks for your comments.

Kevin
          Hi Kevin,

I do not understand the first question completely, except for the fact that you can choose/define authentication methods for an application (under Shared Components). Regarding the second question on LDAP authentication, there are a number of threads in this forum that might be useful:
          Re: AD Authentication

ADS with Apex

Hope the above information helps.

Thanks,
          Rohit
          • 2. Re: APEX Authentication method
            user480768
            Thanks for your help.

Kevin