This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 8:14 AM by vlethakula RSS

priviliges issue

newbi_egy Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
hi all, db and dev 10g rel2
, how to make a user sees another user objects , what is the priviliges i should pass to him to do the task ,
i mean
i want scott user to see the hr objects and do anything on it , insert,update,delete , create and drop anything ,...........?

thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: priviliges issue
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    I have no idea what you are asking and based on the fact that no one has responded before this apparently no one else understands your question either.

Objects owned by HR are visible to anyone that logs on as HR. What you don't indicate is what tools people are using, what username they are using to log in, or how anyone "sees" anything give a database is no a user interface.

And, quite honestly, if this is about the HR schema you must be a student so please explain the point of this exercise ... for example whether it is homework. Thank you.
  • 2. Re: priviliges issue
    Chanchal Wankhade Journeyer
    Hi,

You should connect with sys user if you have access and grant the required privileges to the user you want.
    SQLPLUS
    SYS@DATABASE_NAME
    PASSWORD
    GRANT PRIVILEGES_LILST ON SCHEME TO USER_NAME;
  • 3. Re: priviliges issue
    mtefft Journeyer
    This is wrong for several reasons:
    - You will not be able to connect as SYS following this example
    - The GRANT statement exmple does not follow any legitimate syntax
    - A rookie should not be encouraged to use SYS unless they really need to do so, and they know exactly what they are doing. Given that this user has not yet explained what they want to do, and seems quite unsure of what he neeeds to do, I don't think they are ready to go there.
  • 4. Re: priviliges issue
    vlethakula Expert
    select ' grant select, insert,update,delete on '|| owner||'.'|| table_name ||' to hr ;' from dba_tables where owner='SCOTT';

Then execute output of above statement

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points