i have still this problem unresolved. Do you have an idea?
These are the steps i did the last test:
1. C:\TEMP>set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8
2. Start SQL*Plus
4. insert into xmltable (source: WebDAV alternatively: DB directory)
SELECT pe.name, pe.bes_kennz
COLUMNS person XMLTYPE PATH '/PassAntrag/Person') paan
COLUMNS name VARCHAR2(512) PATH 'Name'
, bes_kennz VARCHAR2(200) PATH 'BesKennz') pe;
The query result has mutilate characters when it should show i.e german umlaut (öäü).
I determined that the XML file (encoding="UTF-8") copied into the WebDAV directory is correctly converted to "ISO-8859-15" during the copy process. But when i edit afterwards the XML file (located in WebDAV) and do then an insert into the XMLTYPE table several characters ar mutilated when i query the XMLTYPE table.
My mistake :-(
Wolud you recommend another approach?
Well, it depends (as always).
It depends on what is being done in Forms. Is there additional controls done between the time the file is stored via WebDAV and the time it's inserted in the final table?
If the user just pushes a button to ultimately load the resource in the XMLType table, then this can be done automatically when the file is dropped in the repository. That's what I refered to earlier as "defaultTable mechanism".
Besides the by Odie mentioned defaultTable / shredding mechanism, you also could control it by making use of the "*schemaLocation-mappings*" configuration in xdbconfig.xml (cant find a direct link but have a look at last bits of the page): http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28369/appaman.htm#i641205
Combine this with the XDB Repository Event possibilities and you should be able to control a lot regarding, who, where, etc - automatically...(via mime type, connection, privileges, etc)
Intro into XDB Repository Events