This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 1:06 AM by user2626293 RSS

Query on Forms (10g)

user2626293 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have simple find form, this has two fields ENAME and DEPTNO, Here a single employee is attached to multiple departments, so based on the ENAME the LOV of the DEPTNO will be made available, and user will choose the appropriate value of the record and he clicks on the FIND button.

Once he clicks the FIND button it will display the records in an another Window.

Here the Condition is the user can enter only employee name and click on the find button, but if he chooses the DEPTNO and clicks on find it will throw and message saying please enter a valid ENAME.

I have a scenario where i am facing a problem, first the user gives ENAME and the DEPTNO, and then before clicking on the FIND button he goes and delets the ENAME and directly clicks on the FIND button, he my trigger is not firing, and all the records are being queried.

And he wants both the fields to be Optional. Please Advice.

Thanks and Regards
Srinivas
  • 1. Re: Query on Forms (10g)
    HamidHelal Guru
    user2626293 wrote:
    Hi All,

I have simple find form, this has two fields ENAME and DEPTNO, Here a single employee is attached to multiple departments, so based on the ENAME the LOV of the DEPTNO will be made available, and user will choose the appropriate value of the record and he clicks on the FIND button.

Once he clicks the FIND button it will display the records in an another Window.

Here the Condition is the user can enter only employee name and click on the find button, but if he chooses the DEPTNO and clicks on find it will throw and message saying please enter a valid ENAME.

I have a scenario where i am facing a problem, first the user gives ENAME and the DEPTNO, and then before clicking on the FIND button he goes and delets the ENAME and directly clicks on the FIND button, he my trigger is not firing, and all the records are being queried.

And he wants both the fields to be Optional. Please Advice.
    Hi Srinivas
    Finally what kind of problem you are facing and what you want ?
    What you do, post the code and say what you want.
  • 2. Re: Query on Forms (10g)
    user2626293 Newbie
    Hi Hamid,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delayed reply. My problem is solved, i have changed the ENAME field to have List Item instead of having a LOV, and that worked.

Thanks and Regards
    Srinivas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points