2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 10:11 PM by 402513 RSS

OBIEE Replace No Results message with empty/blank table in Dashboard

Hi

Is there a way to display a blank or empty table for an analysis in a dashboard rather than having the "No Results The specified criteria didn't result in any data...." message displayed?

I know this message can be customised but I'd rather not have the message at all. Instead, I'd like the column headers with no row or a blank row below it in the case that no data matched the criteria.

Version 11.1.1.6.2

Thanks
      Martin

Edited by: martinfortmann on 21-Feb-2013 15:37
        • 1. Re: OBIEE Replace No Results message with empty/blank table in Dashboard
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          You may for custom HTML code as shown below
          1. Edit the analysis to which you want to add a custom message.
          2. Click the "Analysis editor: Results tab".
          3. Click the Analysis Properties toolbar button. The "Analysis Properties dialog" is displayed.
          4. In the No Results Settings box, select Display Custom Message.
          Use the below code
          <table border="1">
          <tr>
          <td>column1</td>
          <td>column1</td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td>& nbsp;</td>
          <td>& nbsp;</td>
          </tr>
          </table>

Note: for '& nbsp;' take out the space in html code
          5. In the Header field, enter the text of the header for the custom message.
          6. In the Message field, enter the explanatory text.
          7. Click OK.

If helps mark
          • 2. Re: OBIEE Replace No Results message with empty/blank table in Dashboard
            Thanks for the response.

While it does allow a table to be produced it is still a message modification. I'd like the Analysis table to be displayed ... but empty. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

I really want to override the message from being displayed at all. Instead, I'd like the analysis to return but just show not rows. Much like SQL Developer (or similar) does when no rows are returned from a sql statement. i.e. you get the column headings but no rows.

Thanks
            Martin