This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 12:03 PM by 715219 RSS

Viewing topological layers

715219 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I would like to view a topological layer geometry using oci client. I found in docs a method named SDO_TOPO_GEOMETRY.GET_GEOMETRY that produces SDO_GEOMETRY from topological feature. But this method is very slow (converting 3600 records of simple road network takes 8 seconds on local machine). Is there a better/faster way of viewing topological features geometry using PLSQL or I have to query directly in a layer topology tables with $ postfix ?

Regards
Artur
  • 1. Re: Viewing topological layers
    Simon Greener Journeyer
    Artur,

Is it possible for you to create a materialized view over your topology layer that caches the SDO_GEOMETRY generated by SDO_TOPO_GEOMETRY.GET_GEOMETRY?

If so, look at created a materialized view log over the original table and set up the MV for fast refresh on changes.

I would not query the $ tables directly. You can spend a lot of time working out how to do this, copying what the Oracle Spatial team have done themselves, and in the end not have a solution that is any faster.

regards
    Simon
  • 2. Re: Viewing topological layers
    Stefan Jager Journeyer
    Hi Artur,

In addition to Simon's remarks: The topology must have been created from something, one would expect from another table containing SDO_GEOMETRY. Can you use that table instead?

Secondly:
    takes 8 seconds on local machine
    Is that machine comparable to a proper server? In other words: it may run faster if Oracle has more computing power to use.

HTH,
    Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Jager on Feb 21, 2013 3:38 PM
  • 3. Re: Viewing topological layers
    715219 Newbie
    Thanks. Using a materialized view is fine. The general idea is to draw a topological layer that in next step can be edited. Then the layer must be displayed in network style (with nodes, edges, faces) so each element can be identified and modified using a mouse. Probably for this stage I will have to use $ tables.

Artur
  • 4. Re: Viewing topological layers
    Simon Greener Journeyer
    Artur,

My browsers (Opera/Chrome) don't seem to show who is attributed with the Correct answer and whose were Useful.

regards
    Simon
  • 5. Re: Viewing topological layers
    715219 Newbie
    Sorry, forgot to do mark answers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points