4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 6:00 AM by fac586 RSS

Share regiones in different pages

RideTheStorm
      Hi guys!

I have an application that it will have over 200 pages. Each page will have a sidebar region with a number of lists, around 8-10 items. The lists references all pages in the app. Then, if I create a new menu list , I have to include this new list in all pages, it's painful. It's posible to have shared regions between pages like the shortcuts for messages in the user interface elements?

In this way, I will create an unique element including all lists that will be shared through all pages.

This will greatly facilitate the work!

I'm using Apex 4.1.

Regards,
        • 1. Re: Share regiones in different pages
          fac586
          RideTheStorm wrote:
          Hi guys!

I have an application that it will have over 200 pages. Each page will have a sidebar region with a number of lists, around 8-10 items. The lists references all pages in the app. Then, if I create a new menu list , I have to include this new list in all pages, it's painful. It's posible to have shared regions between pages like the shortcuts for messages in the user interface elements?

In this way, I will create an unique element including all lists that will be shared through all pages.

This will greatly facilitate the work!

I'm using Apex 4.1.
          Page Zero functions as a master page for rendering content that is common to more than one page in an application. (These pages become known as "Global Pages" in APEX 4.2, with one available for each user interface type defined in the application.)
          • 2. Re: Share regiones in different pages
            RideTheStorm
            I tried it and serves perfectly for what I need!!!

Thanks! (=
            • 3. Re: Share regiones in different pages
              RideTheStorm
              To restrict the access of elements/regions in page 0, a good way is to assign groups to pages and limit access for belonging to these groups.

Here is an example. Selecting condition type as Exists (Query return at least one row):
              SELECT 1
              FROM apex_application_pages p
              WHERE lower(p.page_group)='queries' AND p.application_id = '&APP_ID.' AND p.page_id = '&APP_PAGE_ID.'
              • 4. Re: Share regiones in different pages
                fac586
                RideTheStorm wrote:
                To restrict the access of elements/regions in page 0, a good way is to assign groups to pages and limit access for belonging to these groups.

Here is an example. Selecting condition type as Exists (Query return at least one row):
                SELECT 1
                WHERE lower(p.page_group)='queries' AND p.application_id = '&APP_ID.' AND p.page_id = '&APP_PAGE_ID.'
                Good idea (if the page groups are properly maintained). I'd like to see Oracle include built-in support for use of page group metadata at runtime...

Note that for performance reasons you should use bind variables rather than substitution strings for APP_ID, APP_PAGE_ID, and other session state variables in SQL and PL/SQL code whenever possible:
                SELECT 1  
                WHERE lower(p.page_group)='queries' AND p.application_id = :APP_ID AND p.page_id = :APP_PAGE_ID
                (And post code using <tt>\
                </tt> tags rather than <tt>\{quote}</tt>.)