This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 11:50 PM by siegwin.port RSS

Dynamic Action in APEX 4.2

siegwin.port Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I try to use dynamic action but I cannot find the right event.
The following:
If the current -- v(APP_USER) - user is in group Administrator then the Items Name, Userid, Password, Group shold be editable else only the Password should be editable.
In P0_GROUP there is the group of the current user.
The page to show the Items is P6_NAME, P6_USERID ...

I cannot find an action to start for example a PL/SQL funktion which return true or false. And what event is correct (page load?)
Please help me.
Regards
Siegwin
  • 1. Re: Dynamic Action in APEX 4.2
    VC Guru
    siegwin.port wrote:
    Hi,
    I try to use dynamic action but I cannot find the right event.
    The following:
    If the current -- v(APP_USER) - user is in group Administrator then the Items Name, Userid, Password, Group shold be editable else only the Password should be editable.
    In P0_GROUP there is the group of the current user.
    The page to show the Items is P6_NAME, P6_USERID ...

I cannot find an action to start for example a PL/SQL funktion which return true or false. And what event is correct (page load?)
    Please help me.
    Regards
    Siegwin
    Firstly why are you using a dynamic action to achieve this?

You should use read only attribute on those page items, See http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/doc.42/e35125/bldapp_item.htm#HTMDB28297

Vikram
  • 2. Re: Dynamic Action in APEX 4.2
    siegwin.port Newbie
    Hello,
    the items schould enterable if the group is "Administrator" and display only if not. So I cannot change to display only generally.
    Thank you
  • 3. Re: Dynamic Action in APEX 4.2
    VC Guru
    siegwin.port wrote:
    Hello,
    the items schould enterable if the group is "Administrator" and display only if not. So I cannot change to display only generally.
    Thank you
    If you read my reply carefully, I did not say to use Display only ...you have to use Read only attribute on a Text Field which could be conditional which can be your check to see if user is administrator.

Then the items look and feel/state is determined when the page is loaded and it will be editable when it is admin and read only when not.
  • 4. Re: Dynamic Action in APEX 4.2
    siegwin.port Newbie
    Thank you very much. It works.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points