3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 6:08 PM by fac586 RSS

Grid Layout in theme 26

Jiminy
      Hi,

I am using Oracle Apex 4.2.1

I have been following a Youtube Video from Oracle Learning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgQZTsdSBI

The video demonstrates an example of grid layout for regions. The layout has 12 columns and and 4 regions, the regions using 3 columns each. In the video the regions align perfectly.

I have tried to recreate this in theme 26 but it does not work. I have set theme 26 to reference the page templates for theme 25. However, this does not work and the regions appear next to each other using 1 grid each with no spacing.

Any ideas on how to fix this in theme 26?

Thanks,

JIM
        • 1. Re: Grid Layout in theme 26
          fac586
          Please reproduce what you have done in an example on apex.oracle.com.
          • 2. Re: Grid Layout in theme 26
            Jiminy
            Hi,

I have created an example on apex.oracle.com

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=72277

Workspace: GRIDEXAMPLE
            Username: Demo
            Password: demo123

I have set one page up using template (One Level Tabs - No sidebar) as a standard 26 theme.

Another page referencing (One Level Tabs - No sidebar(25)) as a standard 25 theme.

And a final page (One Level Tabs - No sidebar(26) with changes ) as a standard 26 theme with some changes to the template.

Many Thanks,

JIM
            • 3. Re: Grid Layout in theme 26
              fac586
              JIM wrote:
              Hi,

I am using Oracle Apex 4.2.1

I have been following a Youtube Video from Oracle Learning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPgQZTsdSBI

The video demonstrates an example of grid layout for regions. The layout has 12 columns and and 4 regions, the regions using 3 columns each. In the video the regions align perfectly.
              The video demonstration uses theme 25, which has page templates set up for a CSS grid system with 12 fixed-width columns.
              I have tried to recreate this in theme 26 but it does not work.
              The theme 26 page templates are configured to use HTML table layout with a dynamic, variable number of columns. HTML tables expand to fit their contents, so the width of the columns is also variable.
              I have set theme 26 to reference the page templates for theme 25.
              Don't know what you mean by this. Please explain in more detail.
              However, this does not work and the regions appear next to each other using 1 grid each with no spacing.

Any ideas on how to fix this in theme 26?
              Basically there's nothing to "fix". This is how the table-based layout used in theme 26 works. The regions only appear to use "1 grid each" because their content is all the same size. If you add different content to the regions (as I have) then the table columns change width to fit it. You could use CSS to apply fixed widths to the columns, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using table-based layout.

The themes in APEX 4.2 don't appear to specify spacing between regions when using HTML table layout, but this can be controlled using CSS.

Why are you trying to use theme 26 rather than theme 25 as shown in the video demo? They don't look that different.