4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 2:46 PM by Nikolas Saridakis RSS

First time deploy on new installation problem

Nikolas Saridakis
      Hello all,

I just installed Jdeveloper 11.1.2.3.0 on Windows Xp SP3 greek and created a Weblogic domain through the wizard consisting only the Basic Weblogic server domain. I completed all the steps

I want to use it to deploy a simple ADF Fusion web application with business components.

When I try to run my .jspx page this is what i see in the log window:

*** Using HTTP port 7101 ***
      *** Using SSL port 7102 ***
      "C:\Documents and Settings\Νικος\Application Data\JDeveloper\system11.1.2.3.39.62.76.1\DefaultDomain\bin\startWebLogic.cmd"
      [waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]
      ’¦ ©η©«�£� ›�¤ �ε¤�  ©� �β©� ¤� �¤«¦§ε©�  «�¤ ΅��¦¨ ©£β¤� › �›¨¦£γ ›ε©΅¦¬.
      JAVA Memory arguments:
      WLS Start Mode=Development
      CLASSPATH=
      PATH=C:\DOCUME~1\D098~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\sfx3C.tmp\jre160_05\bin;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
      * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
      * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
      * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
      * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
      starting weblogic with Java version:
      java version "1.6.0_24"
      Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b50)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)
      Starting WLS with line:
      C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin\java -Dweblogic.Name= -Djava.security.policy=\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:\DOCUME~1\D098~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\trustStore5865185058458460709.jks -Doracle.jdeveloper.adrs=true -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true
      Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
      (to execute a class)
      or java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
      (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
      -client     to select the "client" VM
      -server     to select the "server" VM
      -hotspot     is a synonym for the "client" VM [deprecated]
      The default VM is client.

-cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
      -classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>
      A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,
      and ZIP archives to search for class files.
      -D<name>=<value>
      set a system property
      -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
      enable verbose output
      -version print product version and exit
      -version:<value>
      require the specified version to run
      -showversion print product version and continue
      -jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search
      include/exclude user private JREs in the version search
      -? -help print this help message
      -X print help on non-standard options
      -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
      -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
      enable assertions
      -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
      -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
      disable assertions
      -esa | -enablesystemassertions
      enable system assertions
      -dsa | -disablesystemassertions
      disable system assertions
      -agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]
      load native agent library <libname>, e.g. -agentlib:hprof
      see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and -agentlib:hprof=help
      -agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]
      load native agent library by full pathname
      -javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]
      load Java programming language agent, see java.lang.instrument
      -splash:<imagepath>
      show splash screen with specified image
      Process exited.

of course nothing happens, so I would appreciate if someone could give me a helping word...

Thank you,
      Nikos S
        • 1. Re: First time deploy on new installation problem
          Blueberry Coder
          Hi.

To prevent problems, your user settings directory should be on a path that does not contain spaces or special characters. Please create a new environment variable named JDEV_USER_DIR and set it to a sensible value, such as c:\oracle\jdev_user_dir. You will have to reinitialize the integrated WebLogic server.

Best Regards,

Frédéric.
          • 2. Re: First time deploy on new installation problem
            Nikolas Saridakis
            Thank you for your answer Frederic,

Here's the situation now...

After lot's of installations-uninstallations between 11.1.2.3.0 and 11.1.2.2.0, here is the situation now:

I created environment vars: FADEV_VERBOSE=true, JAVA_HOME, JDEV_HOME, JDEV_USER_DIR, MW_HOME and PATH.

When I first install jDev (no matter which of two versions), and start IntegratedWeblogicServer, everything starts normal and well... BUT!

Here's the weird... The second time it starts jDev and I start the IWLS again, I get this:

*** Using HTTP port 7101 ***
            *** Using SSL port 7102 ***
            C:\oraclexe\jdev_user_dir\system11.1.2.3.39.62.76.1\DefaultDomain\bin\startWebLogic.cmd
            [waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]
            JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
            WLS Start Mode=Development
            CLASSPATH=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jdbc_11.1.1\ojdbc6dms.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1035\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_jdev1112\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\lib\tools.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\modules\features\weblogic.server.modules_10.3.5.0.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\webservices.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1/lib/ant-all.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\modules\NETSFA~1.0_1/lib/ant-contrib.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jrf_11.1.1\jrf.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\derby\lib\derbyclient.jar;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\xqrl.jar
            PATH=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1035\profiles\default\native;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_jdev1112\profiles\default\native;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\bin;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\modules\ORGAPA~1.1\bin;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\jre\bin;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;%JDK_HOME%\bin;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\native\win\32\oci920_8
            * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
            * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
            * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
            * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
            starting weblogic with Java version:
            java version "1.6.0_24"
            Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b50)
            Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)
            Starting WLS with line:

C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\JDK160~1\bin\java -client -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dweblogic.Name=DefaultServer -Djava.security.policy=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=c:\temp\trustStore8858800480204789292.jks -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:CompileThreshold=8000 -XX:PermSize=48m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Xverify:none -Xverify:none -da -Dplatform.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3 -Dwls.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterat iveDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1035\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_jdev1112\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server -Doracle.jdeveloper.adrs=true -Dweblogic.nodemanager.ServiceEnabled=true -Xverify:none -da -Dplatform.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3 -Dwls.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Dweblogic.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\server -Djps.app.credential.overwrite.allowed=true -Dcommon.components.home=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1 -Djrf.version=11.1.1 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger -Ddomain.home=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1 -Djrockit.optfile=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.jrf_11.1.1\jrocket_optfile.txt -Doracle.server.config.dir=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\config\FMWCON~1\servers\DefaultServer -Doracle.domain.config.dir=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\config\FMWCON~1 -Digf.arisidbeans.carmlloc=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\config\FMWCON~1\carml -Digf.arisidstack.home=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\config\FMWCON~1\arisidprovider -Doracle.security.jps.config=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\config\fmwconfig\jps-config.xml -Doracle.deployed.app.dir=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\servers\DefaultServer\tmp\_WL_user -Doracle.deployed.app.ext=\- -Dweblogic.alternateTypesDirectory=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.ossoiap_11.1.1,C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\modules\oracle.oamprovider_11.1.1 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Dweblogic.jdbc.remoteEnabled=false -Dwsm.repository.path=C:\oraclexe\JDEV_U~1\SYSTEM~1.1\DEFAUL~1\oracle\store\gmds -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_wls1035\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath;C:\oraclexe\MIDDLE~1\patch_jdev1112\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath weblogic.Server
            java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: iveDev=
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: iveDev=
                 at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:305)
                 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:246)
            Could not find the main class: iveDev=. Program will exit.
            Exception in thread "main" Process exited.

Somewhere in that starting line there is this strange -Dwlw.iterat iveDev= (with the space in between), that I cannot find in any Weblogic Server startup script and don't know what to do about it either...

I would appreciate if any expert would shed some light in this...

Thank you for your time and effords,
            Nikos S
            • 3. Re: First time deploy on new installation problem
              Blueberry Coder
              Hi.

The problem indeed comes from that extra space. I would check in the setDomainEnv.cmd script. This file is not located in the Middleware folder (with the WLS binaries) but in your JDeveloper user directory. It is there that the domain for the integrated WLS has been created.

On my machine, JDEV_USER_DIR is set to c:\OracleData\JDEV_USER_DIR. The script is found at the following location:

C:\OracleData\JDEV_USER_DIR\system11.1.2.3.39.62.76.1\DefaultDomain\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd

Best Regards,

Frédéric.
              • 4. Re: First time deploy on new installation problem
                Nikolas Saridakis
                Hi Frederic,

thanks again...

I checked that already but here's the setDomainEnv.cmd part where the -Dwlw.iterativeDev is mentioned:

set JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS% %JAVA_PROPERTIES% -Dwlw.iterativeDev=%iterativeDevFlag% -Dwlw.testConsole=%testConsoleFlag% -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole=%logErrorsToConsoleFlag%

no space in between...

i text searched every *.cmd file in every folder (user, or server) for that parameter, but there was no space in any *.cmd file

That's why i'm puzzled,

If any other ideas come up I would appreciate it...

PS. I remind you that the first time IWLS starts, it starts fine...

Thanks for the time and effords,
                Nikos S