3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 12:15 AM by Hg RSS

Configure JMS Adpter for remote weblogic JMS

Hg
      Hi,
      We have SOA and OSB installed on separate machines.
      We are using SOA 11.1.1.6.
      I have a requirement to send a JMS message from weblogic installation where SOA is installed to weblogic installation where OSB is installed.
      I understand that I have to create a foreign JNDI provider where I need to create the link to the OSB JMS which I created on SOA weblogic.

Now when I configure the JMS adapterit asks me to select the jdev app server connection which is SOA installation's connection it shows all the queues and topics
      present on the SOA weblogic installation but I need to specify the Local JNDI Name and Remote JNDI Name somewhere so that the message should go the
      OSB JMS.
      Can someone please let me know how to configure the adapter in this scenario?
      Any help/pointers in this regard are highly appreciated.

With Regards,
      Harsh
        • 1. Re: Configure JMS Adpter for remote weblogic JMS
          Hg
          Any comments/opinions experts?

Best Regards,
          Harsh
          • 2. Re: Configure JMS Adpter for remote weblogic JMS
            AbhishekJ
            Not very clear about your requirement. Here is what I understand:
            1. You have a JMS queue in SOA Suite domain and another queue in OSB domain
            2. You want to send the messages from SOA Domain JMS queue to OSB domain JMS queue

First of all dont think you need a separate queue in OSB domain, you can have your proxy service point to the JMS queue of SOA Suite. You can simply use SOA domain's listen address and JNDI names in the OSB JMS Proxy service endpoint URI an it will read the messages directly from SOA domain JMS queue.
            However if you need the messages to be first copied to local JMS queue in OSB, I would suggest creating a SAF agent to forward messages directly from SOA JMS queue to OSB JMS queue, that way you will not have to build a composite to transfer the message.
            Finally, if you want to transfer the messages from SOA JMS queue to OSB JMS queue via a composite only then you will need to build two JMS Adapters in your composite application.
            One JMS ADapter to read messages from SOA domain JMS QUeue. (Use an app server connection in jDev which points to SOA domain admin server and provide JNDI names of the JMS queue as created in SOA Domain).
            Another JMS Adapter to write messages TO OSB domain JMS queue. (Create another app server connection in jDev which points to OSB domain admin server and provide JNDI names of queue as created in OSB domain).
            Then you can just put a mediator to pick messages from first JMS adapter and send to second JMS Adapter
            • 3. Re: Configure JMS Adpter for remote weblogic JMS
              Hg
              Thnx Abhishek.
              SAF is the right way to move JMS message from one weblogic to other :)

With Regards,
              Harsh