4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 5:46 PM by onedbguru RSS

rac migration

I am into oracle 11gr2..please suggest me on any database migration documents.

Edited by: 989885 on Feb 23, 2013 9:52 AM
        • 1. Re: moving oracle rac databases from dev server to test server
          JohnWatson
          Beyond suggesting that you attend a course (I'm running a relevant course, online, in a couple of weeks) I don't see how a forum can answer such a huge question.

This sounds like a project of some size, specially when considered with the other question you posted. Many organizations, no matter how competent their on-site staff are, do like to bring in some outside assistance to help in such circumstances: this will usually reduce the time, cost, and disruption. There would be no shame in informing your management that you need some consultancy support for this exercise.
          --
          John Watson
          Oracle Certified Master DBA
          http://skillbuilders.com

Edited by: JohnWatson on Feb 23, 2013 8:57 PM
          OP's post has been edited into something completely different. Very odd. I stand by my response, though.
          • 2. Re: rac migration
            g777
            hi

it depends what you need and mean 'to migrate'
            if you just need to transfer data then use:
            expdp and impdp tools (IMO, the easiest), consider other things like external tables (if you have), tablespace remaping (possible since 11g), etc.
            Another ways are:
            - RMAN backup and recovery (you may reorganize this way RAC to single instance and vice verse)
            - transportable tablespaces.
            • 3. Re: rac migration
              user12288492
              Please visit the following link to view detailed demonstration of migration of a RAC database :

http://oracleinaction.blogspot.in/2013/02/MIGRATERACDB.html

Regards
              • 4. Re: rac migration
                onedbguru
                How about you actually read the RAC Installation guides. If you have the systems, get the guides and start testing. I installed and reinstalled many times so I completely understood how it works. Just getting someones "blog" on how they did it may not meet your environment or requirements. READ INSTALL TEST REPEAT