6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 12:37 AM by 949572 RSS

Bypass Login with Oracle Database

hello,
      I am using Oracle forms 6i.
      i want to create an application that does not require any connection with Oracle database.
      My Application fetch all its data from an Excel file.
      I do not want Login with Database,so i want to byapass it.
      How can i do it..
        • 1. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
          andrewmy
          If you are not using any database objects (tables, functions, procedures, etc) then there should be no reason to login to the database and certainly a form can be created that does not need to login.

I suspect you are using certain database references to functions, procedures or packages to load the excel that forces the login prompt. If this is true, you will need to replace all those database object references this with equivalent Forms functions.
          • 2. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
            How can i do it??
            • 3. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
              HamidHelal
              Akarsh wrote:
              hello,
              I am using Oracle forms 6i.
              i want to create an application that does not require any connection with Oracle database.
              My Application fetch all its data from an Excel file.
              I do not want Login with Database,so i want to byapass it.
              How can i do it..
              Hi Akarsh,
              Use ON-Logon trigger at form lebel
              and put your connection string. then when you run this , it will not ask for connection identifier.

Hope this works..
              • 4. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
                Tony Garabedian
                Hello,

If you don't want to connect to any database and just use forms functionality to read data from a file, simply put NULL in the forms ON-LOGON trigger on Form Level.
                this way forms will not prompt you for credentials and it will not connect to any database.

Cheers!

Tony
                • 5. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
                  CraigB
                  I think you are using the wrong tool for the job. That's like trying to change a car tire with a screwdriver. Oracle Forms is designed to natively interact with an Oracle Database. Perhaps you should look into using MS-Access if all you need is a nice front end for your Excel worksheet! Better yet. Import your Excel worksheet into MS-Access instead of trying to use Excel as a database. That is not what Excel was designed for!

Just my 2 cents...
                  Craig...
                  • 6. Re: Bypass Login with Oracle Database
                    Thanks all for replying :)