This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 7:57 AM by rcc50886 RSS

rac database startup/shutdown

Sivamani Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

when i start the linux server the cluster ware and oracle database is automatically starting up.But i want to manually start the database.
So please tell me the proper way to start the database in a rac environment.This is my test rac database i configured at my home.

and also i want to know what is the proper way to shutdown and start up the rac database if i am working with production rac enabled system.

FYI : - my oratab entry looks like

+ASM2:/u01/app/11.2.0/grid:N            # line added by Agent
rac:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/:N # line added by Agent

Thanks
  • 1. Re: rac database startup/shutdown
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Sivamani wrote:
    Hi,

when i start the linux server the cluster ware and oracle database is automatically starting up.But i want to manually start the database.
    So please tell me the proper way to start the database in a rac environment.This is my test rac database i configured at my home.

and also i want to know what is the proper way to shutdown and start up the rac database if i am working with production rac enabled system.

FYI : - my oratab entry looks like

+ASM2:/u01/app/11.2.0/grid:N            # line added by Agent
    rac:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/:N # line added by Agent

Thanks
    Check these links, It may helpful
    http://dbaworkshop.blogspot.in/2010/03/how-to-disable-automatic-startup-of-rac.html
    How to disable autostart on a RAC instance?
  • 2. Re: rac database startup/shutdown
    rcc50886 Journeyer
    Database is a resource service that registered in the cluster. SO by default whenever the cluster restarted then it will start all registered resources. In order to disable the startup of database we need to use SRVCTL.
    srvctl disbale database -d <db_unique_name>
    -Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points