This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I think you got what you need but here are my suggestions regarding roles.
1. Database Administrators ( To carry on the installation, security things)
Installation of what? is it BI or Oracle db as in DBA? I would suggest to go with Pure Database Admin. Do not mix with BI
2. BI Technical Consultant--> Do not be specific to modules since you are going with Functional. Just look for consultant who knows ETL,DAC and OBIEE. Or else 2 resources with ETL/DAC or OBIEE.
If helps mark
Thanks for your message.
Does a technical person having knowledge of ETL, DAC, Informatica and OBIEE can do the job of Functional as well?
I mean can technical person explain domain wise dashboards (Financials, HRMS) to clients?
In common practice which types are resources are required and at which stage?
Can you please explain the implementation process w.r.t resource? Like DBA will install and maintain the Databases, Technical person gather the requirements, Project Manager handle the processing etc.
you need to have Technical / Functionnal Consultant on Oracle Financials R12.1.3 and Oracle HRMS R12.1.3 if you want customize OBIA Finance or OBIA HR. These consultants will help you :
- to realize the GAP analysis between business requirements & content of OBIA
- to understand customization realized in EBS module to adapt OBIA
- to understand source tables and between source tables to customize OBIA.
Adding to Benoit,
Its very rare to have all in one as a technical person having knowledge of ETL(Informatica), DAC, OBIEE and Functional.
If possible look for tech resource ETL(Informatica), DAC, OBIEE this also considered as rare but there are chances to get one.
DBA will install and maintain the Databases
Technical person --> Follow the gap analysis doc delivered by functional resource to implement and configure those modules
Functional-->gather the requirements
Project Manager handle the processing etc.
Thanks Srini and Benoit for your Messages.
Just to add that we are going to implement Pre-Built Solution of BI Apps. Hence there will be no need for customization.
So beside customization can technical resource do the rest of the job? More particularly can technical person explain the Finance, HRMS or Procurement and Spend Analytics Dashboards to clients in CRP?