1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 7:35 AM by Marco Milo-Oracle RSS

LDAP replication based on group

I haven't been able to find any examples of this being done, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't a way to get DSEE to do this. I need to replicate a subset of users from one instance to another based on a single group membership.

All users are located in ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

I need all members of cn=GroupA,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com from instance A to replicate to a slave instance of dsee on another box so they are the only users listed under ou=People,dc=example,dc=com on instance B.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: LDAP replication based on group
          Marco Milo-Oracle
          Hello,
          the replication is a feature of the Directory Server that takes care of keeping the same content on different directory server instances. The basic 'unit' for the replication for a directory server, is the 'suffix' (which is backed by a database), but the requirement is that the 'source' and the 'target' Directory Server instances have the same DIT structure, at least for what it concerns the replicated suffix.

This means that basically what you're asking for is not achievable with the Directory Server itself, but you may need the Directory Proxy Server to 'expose' a 'different view' of the same underlying data.

HTH,
          Marco