This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 7:53 AM by bobmagan RSS

Apex Listener configured but can't bring up APEX

755501 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to use the Apex listener 2.0 (instead of HTTP server). I installed and went thru the configuration of the listener, but I must be missing something. When I do the java -jar apex.war to start it up in standalone mode, I get the configuration properties etc., but when I open up my browser and try to bring up APEX with http://localhost:8080/apex/ I get a 500 - Internal Server error with the info below. What am I missing?

thanks

***********ERROR*********** init: # headers=43 declare nm owa.vc_arr := ?; vl owa.vc_arr := ?; begin owa.init_cgi_env( ?, nm, vl ); htp.init; htp.HTBUF_LEN := 63; ? := sys_context('USERENV','SID'); end; SID:880 CALL: begin apex; commit; end; BINDS PAGE CALL: declare nlns number := 999999; l_clob CLOB; lines htp.htbuf_arr; l_buff varchar2(32767); l_clob_init boolean:= false; l_file varchar2(5); l_doc_info varchar2(1000); begin OWA.GET_PAGE(lines, nlns); if (nlns > 1) then for i in 1..nlns loop if ( length(lines(i)) > 0 ) then if ( ( lengthb(l_buff) + lengthb(lines(i))) > 32767) then if (NOT l_clob_init) then dbms_lob.createtemporary(l_clob, TRUE); dbms_lob.open(l_clob, dbms_lob.lob_readwrite); l_clob_init:=true; end if; dbms_lob.writeappend(l_clob,length(l_buff),l_buff); l_buff := lines(i); else l_buff := l_buff || lines(i); end if; end if; end loop; end if; if (l_clob_init) then dbms_lob.writeappend(l_clob,length(l_buff),l_buff); l_buff := ''; end if; ? := l_clob; ? := l_buff; if (wpg_docload.is_file_download) then l_file:='TRUE'; wpg_docload.get_download_file(l_doc_info); else l_file := 'FALSE'; end if; ? := l_file; ? := l_doc_info; end; get_page FAILED:ORA-06550: line 16, column 7: PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOB' must be declared ORA-06550: line 16, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored ORA-06550: line 17, column 29: PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOB' must be declared ORA-06550: line 17, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored ORA-06550: line 20, column 15: PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOB' must be declared ORA-06550: line 20, column 15: PL/SQL: Statement ignored ORA-06550: line 29, column 7: PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOB' must be declared ORA-06550: line 29, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored ^^^^^^^^^^^^ERROR^^^^^^^^
ORACLE APPLICATION EXPRESS LISTENER
500 - Internal Server Error
  • 1. Re: Apex Listener configured but can't bring up APEX
    TimSt.H. Explorer
    bobmagan wrote:PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOB' must be declared
    Check the grant on the SYS.DBMS_LOB package
    I show it as granted to public for execute and a public synonym by the same name.
    Seeing you are getting an ORA error, I would assume you have made your connection properly.

Regards,
    --Tim St.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: Apex Listener configured but can't bring up APEX
    bobmagan Newbie
    Thanks. That was definitely the reason I was getting the LOB error. I granted execute to public and the error is gone... but for some reason it's still not bringing up APEX.
    When I issue the URL I see it get changed to: http://localhost:8080/apex/f?p=4550:1:6705967235809 and it updated the browser tab name to 'Application Express Login', but my screen is blank. I don't see any errors in the dos window I started the apex listener in.
  • 3. Re: Apex Listener configured but can't bring up APEX
    TimSt.H. Explorer
    You have made a good database connection evidenced by the session assignment (the long number at the end)
    You now have the classic "images missing" problem.
    This is not a web server "error" to be seen as much as seen in the browser. You are missing the references to the static content that APEX uses in it's web pages.

Basically - calls are being made to images, javascript, and CSS files that are missing from your web server.

Check that step in the installation guide and you will get some ideas on how to fix it in your server instance.

Example: http://host:port/i/apex_version.txt
    This should return the contents of a text file located in the "i" path on your web server. When it is installed correctly, you will see the full contents of the page.

--Tim St.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 4. Re: Apex Listener configured but can't bring up APEX
    bobmagan Newbie
    Found the issue. needed to specify the image location in 'Enter the APEX static resources location' prompt when starting standalone mode

thanks for the help

Edited by: bobmagan on Feb 26, 2013 7:53 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points