7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 2:02 PM by 633418 RSS

Improving scrolling in IE

SantoshVaza
      Dear All,

I am having a fragment inside panelTab, which scrolls.
      This page has around 10 AF tables, some 20 fields... And The scrolling is horibble..
      Also 1 thing i noticed is dat when mouse pointer is over af:table page doesnot scrolls(I have set autoHeightRows of af:table to estimatedRowCount of iterator), the user needs to catch the scroller and move it up and down,, its irritating to user,
      So guys lets sum up tell you what i want
      1. Can i have a smooth scrolling as we see in other websites.. any other alternative for user to scroll the 'BIG' page will also do. ??
      2. Can i make the page to scroll when mouse pointer is over af:table..

Thanks & Regards,
      Santosh Vaza.
        • 1. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
          John Stegeman
          Santosh,

1). Do you mean to say that the browser scrolling isn't smooth or the scrolling of the af:tables isn't smooth? If it's the browser scrolling, have you tried other browsers? It may just be that your page is big and complex and the browser cannot handle it well

2). No idea what you mean by "Can i make the page to scroll when mouse pointer is over af:table" The only thing I can guess is you mean scrolling with the mouse wheel? I just tried that in JDev 11.1.2.1 with Chrome 15 and IE8 and the mouse wheel scrolls af:tables just fine

Both of your questions are too vague - can you explain specifically what you mean and give your version of JDeveloper/ADF and browser.

John
          • 2. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Hi,

+1. Can i have a smooth scrolling as we see in other websites.. any other alternative for user to scroll the 'BIG' page will also do. ??+

Why don't you use af:paneltab and have the tables located in tabs instead of a scrollable panel?

+2. Can i make the page to scroll when mouse pointer is over af:table..+

And how would user select a row in the table if as soon as they move the mouse over the table the table starts scrolling ?

Frank
            • 3. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
              SantoshVaza
              Hi,
              And how would user select a row in the table if as soon as they move the mouse over the table the table starts scrolling ?
              Sorry.. i didnot make it clear...

Suppose i have a table inside a scrollable panel the user will scroll the panel with mouse wheel, then if my mouse pointer is over the rows of table den the 'page' doesnot scrolls via mouse wheel.. when i keep the mouse pointer outside table it works....???

Regards,
              Santosh
              • 4. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
                John Stegeman
                That's because the scroll wheel is scrolling the table when the mouse is over the table. It's the same way, for example, that this forum's web page works - try to make a long posting that is too big to fit in the entry area until you get scrollbars. The mouse wheel will scroll the page when the pointer is outside the post entry area and scroll the post entry area when the mouse pointer is inside.

John
                • 5. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
                  need a solution for the same problem .... plz help me..
                  • 6. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
                    ngsankar
                    Can someone through some light here, I have landed in the same scenario like this thread issue,
                    Let me explain in my own words,
                    I have a table on a page which have more than 150+ rows, I can able scroll the rows by using IE Window scroller,
                    but the scrolling is not happening if I place a mouse on the table and my table doesn't have any scrolling functionality
                    • 7. Re: Improving scrolling in IE
                      Hi,
                      We are facing the same issue. Was there a solution suggested in support.oracle.com?. Any info is appreciated. We have a high priority defect opened against this behavior in production. As a work around we are asking the users to use Mozilla FF, but this is a pressing issue.

-Thanks and Regards,
                      Sudhakar