This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 9:31 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

ocp has stopped corresponding with me

Paisley Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
I have an SR opened with OCP about missing scores from prometric.

The last status I received on the ticket was over a week ago. Who can I contact when OCP stops corresponding with me?
  • 1. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    bigdelboy Pro
    Paisley wrote:
    I have an SR opened with OCP about missing scores from prometric.

The last status I received on the ticket was over a week ago. Who can I contact when OCP stops corresponding with me?
    As Oracle Certification stopped using Prometric for delivering certification exams over 2 years ago (perhaps a little less for acquisitions, notably Sun) disputing scores from that time now seems unreasonable; and it may take a long time.

It has just been a weekend, so you would be unlikely to have had a response over the last 2 days anyway.

You have said OCP stops corresponding with me ... it could simply be the OCP Certification is delayed corresponding with you, or that they have had a resolvement; so they are are awaiting information.

You have not indicated what the last correspondence was.
    You have not indicated date for this.
    You have not indicated the nature of the problem, though I suppose the following tags are meant to help ( certification , prometric , database , merge )

Regardless ... the way to proceed is:
    - Check trash mail in case a response ended up there ... this can be a high possibility unfortunately.
    - Raise another SR referencing the first SR and saying you have not had a status update; and providing an alternative email address from a different domain as well if possible

I think there may have been some technical issues recently and that may have resulted in an SR handling backlog.
  • 2. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer
    I took all steps requested to "merge" the data bases as soon as I passed the my exam in Aug 2011. (I don't know why your company didn't just merge the data bases). At what point I was told to wait and be patient, that the data bases would eventually be merged. Now you tell me that too much time has lapsed. In fact this ticket has been opened for over a month. At what point will this SR be considered to have been opened too long?

Do you contact us when the SR is closed?
  • 3. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    matthew_morris Expert
    Who can I contact when OCP stops corresponding with me?
    If you put the SR number in here, the forum moderator, Brandye can check on the status and reply in this thread.
  • 4. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    matthew_morris Expert
    I don't know why your company didn't just merge the data bases
    1. The vast majority of people responding here don't work for Oracle (including me... although I used to). We just try to help out people with questions. It's nore really 'our' company.

2. Speaking as a DBA and developer who has done ETL work, it is only possible to merge data between two separate databases when matching records can be positively identified between the two. It would be much more of a disaster if they had attempted to merge all records between Prometric and Pearson and ended up doing something like combining the test results of four different 'John Smiths' into a single entry than simply leaving some records out until they can be positively identified.
  • 5. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    bigdelboy Pro
    Paisley wrote:
    I took all steps requested to "merge" the data bases as soon as I passed the my exam in Aug 2011.
    No ... the sequence was to get this in order before you took your exam, when you registered for Oracle with Pearson VUE. However many have fallen into this trap, so you are not alone. Oracle/Pearson VUE have streamlined the process from scratch.
    (I don't know why your company didn't just merge the data bases).
    My company, whose name I do not disclose here on behest of director, was not paid to merge the Prometric database into the Oracle Certification Database or Pearson VUE database. I am sure we would have accomplished this if able to bid .... but we were not involved.
    At what point I was told to wait and be patient, that the data bases would eventually be merged.
    Now you tell me that too much time has lapsed.
    Nope. I haven't said that to you. Oracle Certification SR ticket may have been closed
    In fact this ticket has been opened for over a month.
    Well that will obviously be frustrating for you.
    At what point will this SR be considered to have been opened too long?
    Probably when Oracle internal SLA's are breached .... but how Oracle works their system is up to Oracle.

>
    Do you contact us when the SR is closed?
    I don't ... Oracle sometimes might.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The problem I have is when people give partial details to put the problem on Oracle.
    If you disclose the timeline facts fully and dilligently then people will probably try to get you sorted.
    If you have been raising SR's in this manner then you will not have been helping yourself.

Lets start from scratch. Whats really important are where we are now.

Its also important you do not disclose personal information.
    Oracle Testing Id's are not to be disclosed. SR numbers may however be disclosed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let see If I have got this right.

Prior to Aug 2011 you have taken Oracle Tests with Prometric under Oracle Testing Id. PRID#A

Arround August 2011 you registering with Pearson VUE, and got a new Oracle Testing Id. OTID#B

Soon on/after August 2011 you requested a merge, by the procedure then in force, but it did not complete for some unknown reason.
    ( You were told to be patient ... but it never happened.)

In early January 2013 you requested a merge of PRID#A and OTID#B via oracle certification support using SR#C (or maybe just complained against earlier issues).

You felt you provided enough information, but about 10th February or so you got a reply to SR#C indicating too much time has lapsed.

You may or may not have raised at additional SR; SR#D

Now I may have the above wrong. Feel free to correct me. You should be mor aware of what you did than I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is now probably a case of following the current procedure in the help center:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=562
    I have taken my tests under two different candidate IDs. How can I get these merged? View Answer >
    Effectively takes you here:

http://www.pearsonvue.com/Oracle/idmerge/

( I recall (quite possibly incorrectly) this page being a form, I now see it its a reference to call Pearson VUE Oracle support for an idmerge. This page was updated 12feb2013).

~~~~~~~~~

In summary:

[1] If you have not requested an id merge through http://www.pearsonvue.com/Oracle/idmerge/ please do so.
    [2] Mention any previous oracle Service requests or Person view incident number when you do so.

Paste any oracle / Person vue incident numbers or requests here.
  • 6. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer
    First I want to thank you for your quick responses.

My original SR was 497386-245932766. I opened 497386-266931063 this morning, but have not recieved any update on this ticket either.

Here are the points that I want them to consider.
    First) I am pretty sure that Oracle had to confirm that I passed the first exam before they would let me take the second exam.
    Second) I would have just taken the upgrade exam if I had not taken/passed the first exam.
    Third) The oracle db had me passing the first exam in Aug 2011, not the second exam. I provided enough evidence for them to update the database and show that I passed the second exam in Aug 2011. I suspect that the data base only contains a single pass/fail record for each exam (part I and part II) and that the error in recording wiped out my original exam grade.

Looking at this web site I can see that I am not the only person to experience this problem.
  • 7. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer
    Previously you said

" No ... the sequence was to get this in order before you took your exam, when you registered for Oracle with Pearson VUE. However many have fallen into this trap, so you are not alone. Oracle/Pearson VUE have streamlined the process from scratch. "

It has been two years, but as I recall I was only told to "merge the data base" after I took my part II exam, not before. I had called to ask about my certification certificatie because I had not received one and was told that I had to merge my prometric records. Was I somehow caught in a transition between Prometric and Pearson Vue? Can you tell me when Pearson Vue started to manage the examination process?
  • 8. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    bigdelboy Pro
    Paisley wrote:
    First I want to thank you for your quick responses.

My original SR was 497386-245932766. I opened 497386-266931063 this morning, but have not recieved any update on this ticket either.
    Thanks for the SR's. Brandye (the certification forum moderator) doesn't have to take any account of anything here, but she sometimes helpfully checks.

I looked a little more at your profile and posts ... from this I assume you are a solaris sysadmin. I apologise if I am wrong.

Here are the points that I want them to consider.
    First) I am pretty sure that Oracle had to confirm that I passed the first exam before they would let me take the second exam.
    Oracle will essentially let you take any exam any time you want without restriction (excluding retake restriction(14 days) and non multiple choice exams; e.g. Java assignments and OCM).
    Second) I would have just taken the upgrade exam if I had not taken/passed the first exam.
    This makes sense in what you're saying that if you were a Solaris 7/8/9 SCSA that you could have taken 1z0-879 rather than 1z0-877(CX-310-201) + 1z0-878(CX-310-202)
    In other words you were saying if you had not got a result on 1z0-877 you could have taken 1z0-879 rather than 1z0-878 and still fulfilled requirements for Sol 10 OCP (SCSA)
    Third) The oracle db had me passing the first exam in Aug 2011, not the second exam. I provided enough evidence for them to update the database and show that I passed the second exam in Aug 2011. I suspect that the data base only contains a single pass/fail record for each exam (part I and part II) and that the error in recording wiped out my original exam grade.
    This is about the time the Sun Certification Database was merged into the Oracle Certification Database. It is therefore IMHO possible that you may some speciialist investigation.

>
    Looking at this web site I can see that I am not the only person to experience this problem.
    It is possible you issue is slightly non-standard. Dont publish it here ... but it is really useful if you confirm you have your previous Prometric ID.

Please realise I do not work for Oracle I only try to help people.
  • 9. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer
    Yes, I have my prometric ID.
  • 10. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    bigdelboy Pro
    Paisley wrote:
    Yes, I have my prometric ID.
    Thanks for that, Lets call that ID#P ( This is for exams taken under Prometric prior to for example Sun Certifications being merged under the Oracle Umbrella ).

Can you confirm that is also the current Oracle Testing ID you currently are using to access certview (ID#C) , or do you have a different for that ?

i.e. are ID#P and ID#C different or are they the same number (... this points to where the issue might be) ?

Note 1: Quite possilbly a good one for Brandye this ... SR numbers are higher in the thread
    Note 2: Your latest SR will probably take about 3 to 5 working days to get an answer, sometimes a little more.
  • 11. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer
    I think I have the numbers. My Oracle starts wiht OC and the prometric starts with SR. The digits are not the same.
  • 12. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    bigdelboy Pro
    Paisley wrote:
    I think I have the numbers. My Oracle starts wiht OC and the prometric starts with SR. The digits are not the same.
    Hopefully you will be straightforward after all.

I assume at the moment on the Oracle Certification certview system you can see under OC999999 your 1z0-878 exam.

I assume you cannot see your earlier Solaris exams/certifications on certview .... they are probably held under PR999999

If this is the case a request to Pearson VUE at http://www.pearsonvue.com/Oracle/idmerge/ requesting to merge PC999999 and OC999999 (with OC999999) surviving should suffice.

.... But I'd wait to hear back from your latest SR request in case they already have this in hand for you ( and having too many things on the go at once can be a problem).

Brandye may also pass by and suggest help (You have given the relevant SR's in a post earlier). But of course Brandye may e.g. be on holiday at the moment for all I know.
  • 13. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I will try to get an update on these SRs.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 14. Re: ocp has stopped corresponding with me
    Paisley Explorer

I sent my prometric id, my old email address, and my address at the time of the exam on Friday 22 Feb at 10:30 am central time.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points