5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 9:59 AM by 990840 RSS

Configuring Salt steps and questions

Hi All

I am trying for a test to evaluate if Tuxedo will be a solution for our current dessing for architecture platform .
      I already test the SALT samples like simpapp and datatypeapp, but now trying to replicate this steps and configuring the SALT into my Tuxedo environment, I have some questions:
      -in the example there are already a .mif , .dep , wsdf files , for my propuse do I have to write each one of these ?, if so I have to write it from zero for all my tuxedo services ?, what if I have 50 servers ?
      -To make it easy to me I copied the .mif, .dep , and wsdf file to create my repository, and saltconfig and add the TMMETADATA and GWWS to my environment, and then add my service from the SALT Tool console, but I have some problems once I finish that, the problems are:
      1) Once I boot the servers I can see the console with the GWWS instance and now I turn on the discovery contrac service and I can see once I execute one service I could see it in the list, now I tried to expose as a Web Service with the option in the tool, I filled up all the information and once I done create and I have the windows advertiseing if I am sure I push the button ok and then the GWWS instance in the ULOG I noticed that dies, and once is trying to boot (auto boot) I have the error " GWWS_CAT:47: ERROR: Failed to start GWWS instance 'GWWS2'. Another instance already started.", and I really dont have any other instance I check it and nothing?
      Could someone help me wiht this, is very important for us if this prototype to evaluate the solution and make decisions,
      Note : I use as an example the video that I found lookin in the web "Web Services for Oracle Tuxedo 12c", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu6NbUOYP3s,
      I will apriaciate your help

BR

Ramiro Arraya
        • 1. Re: Configuring Salt steps and questions
          Maurice G
          Hello Ramiro,

if GWWS prints out GWWS_CAT:47 it's likely there is another gateway running. Are you sure the gateway died? If so can you get a stack trace of the core dump? If you don't know how to do that please ask here. If you're running on Windows it might be a bit more complicated let us know.

Also in any case you have to restart gateways so that the changes take effect. Have you tried that?

If all else fails contact customer support and open a bug, then tell them to direct you to me.

Thank you,

Maurice
          • 2. Re: Configuring Salt steps and questions
            Thank you very much Maurice, What I did is to configure again from the start and now is running, I changed the name of the instance of the GWWS I left the same name of the sample. But anyway I am still with many questions about the SALT configuration, as I mentioned is running now and now I can configure the webservice to make my test, but I dont like what I did, because I used the .mif .dep. and wsdf files from the simapp sample and build the SALTCONFIG, TMMETADATA to boot it and the I added my own services with the discovery contract tool, but I think what I did to build my SALTCONFIG AND TMMETADAD is not the best way to do it, I am still wondering how do I have to configure for the first time my TMMETADATA, and SALTCONFIG. if I dont have any tuxedo service yet as a webservice? sorry if my question is very basic, but sincerely I couldnt find that response nowhere.

I will apriaciate your help.

BR

Ramiro.
            • 3. Re: Configuring Salt steps and questions
              Maurice G
              Ramiro,

it does sound like your needs are somewhat broad and this medium may not be the most effective way to deal with them.

Maybe we can arrange some kind of an interactive presentation/demo? That would probably be quicker for both of us. Do you have a sales contact you could go through to arrange that? Mention my name to them. We are actually currently interested in this kind of feedback to improve the usability of this aspect of the product.

Let me know if you need contact information.

Thank you,

Maurice
              • 4. Re: Configuring Salt steps and questions
                Thank you Maurice

We are in the middle of that, I had some past exeperience with Tuxedo, but I already developed applications with c++ and COBOL , and didnt integrate in the past with java or webservice, thats why I had or have some questions about that, but now is ok for the propuse of the test is working, now in my current company we are testing to evaluate if this will help us with a solution, and I am leading the development of the prototype, and the next steps will be to contact Oracle Tuxedo representative to move forward,
                I really apriaciate your inforamtion, and time. I will contact you or tell them about our interaction here so we could keep in touch.

BR

Ramiro.
                • 5. Re: Configuring Salt steps and questions
                  Thank you we will contact support to move forward, for the moment is ok