1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 3:58 PM by EdSpn RSS

Response status=up, but Resonse metric showing error

EdSpn
      Hi,

I have re-deployed my plug-in, and it is showing Response as status Up, which is correct. I checked first by calling the perl data_collector script on the command line and it works without issue.

New issues that I see in the plugin, after having enabled Discovery (working successfully), are:

*(1) Response error pop-up*
      When I open the target menu and go to Monitoring - All Metrics, and click on Response, I get an error in a pop-up window:
      Index: 0, Size: 0
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
      *(2) Other Collected Items not showing*
      When I open the target menu and go to Monitoring - All Metrics, and click on Other Collected Items, it doesn't show my 2 Configuration Metric Collection names. These worked before without issue.
      However, when I do a "emctl runCollection" of the corresponding snapshot that collects these configuration metrics, I can query the collection table (CM$MGMT_EMX_...) and see the data (with the LAST_COLL timestamp column reflecting the actual time the command was executed).

*(3) Configuration Metrics not shown*
      When I open the target menu and go to Configuration - Last Collected, the screen does not show the 2 configuration items for which data is collected by the snapshot.

I have checked logfiles in $OMS_HOME (/data/u01/middleware_home/gc_inst/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log) and $AGENT_INST_LOG ($EMSTATE/sysman/log) and can't find any messages that indicate to the cause of this issue.

I hope I am just overlooking something, but I have put a good few hours in this now and don't know where to look anymore.
      Any feedback highly appreciated!

Thanks,
      Ed

PS Edit: Basically it looks like no performance/configuration metrics are collected whatsoever anymore. Only the ones that are shown real time (in the All Metrics screen) are shown...

Edited by: 977814 on Feb 25, 2013 11:38 PM
        • 1. Re: Response status=up, but Resonse metric showing error
          EdSpn
          Dear all,

I actually found something referring to the "index out of bounds" error popup window in emoms.log..

The only connection I can think of why these components are now failing, is that this time the target instance was discovered (manual, non-host), whereas before they would have been added using emcli add_target on the command line. Does this make any sense?!
          2013-02-25 17:46:51,416 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR ui.MetricSettingsBean logp.251 - Exception when getting Realtime Data for Metric: Response Target Name: dwbi-durl-oel_5412 Target Type: storage_array_symm
                  at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
                  at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.uimodel.applicationModule.MetricSettingsAMImpl.getAgentSideMetricColumnValues(MetricSettingsAMImpl.java:641)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.uimodel.applicationModule.MetricSettingsAMImpl.getRealTimeMetrics(MetricSettingsAMImpl.java:245)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.getMetricColumnData(MetricSettingsBean.java:1703)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.processOperationBindings(MetricSettingsBean.java:3003)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.processRowSelection(MetricSettingsBean.java:975)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                  at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodExpression(UIXComponentBase.java:1300)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree.broadcast(UIXTree.java:234)
                  at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.rich.data.RichTree.broadcast(RichTree.java:253)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.broadcast(UIXCollection.java:148)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree.broadcast(UIXTree.java:241)
                  at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.rich.data.RichTree.broadcast(RichTree.java:253)
                  at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent$1.run(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:92)
                  :
                  :
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
                  at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                  at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
                  at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                  at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
          2013-02-25 17:46:51,429 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] WARN  errPopup.ErrorPopupUtil logp.251 - Index: 0, Size: 0
          javax.el.ELException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
                  at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.broadcastToMethodExpression(UIXComponentBase.java:1300)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree.broadcast(UIXTree.java:234)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.broadcast(UIXCollection.java:148)
                  at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree.broadcast(UIXTree.java:241)
                  at oracle.adf.view.rich.component.fragment.ContextSwitchingComponent$1.run(ContextSwitchingComponent.java:92)
                  :
                  :
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
                  at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
                  at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
          Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.uimodel.applicationModule.MetricSettingsAMImpl.getAgentSideMetricColumnValues(MetricSettingsAMImpl.java:641)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.uimodel.applicationModule.MetricSettingsAMImpl.getRealTimeMetrics(MetricSettingsAMImpl.java:245)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.getMetricColumnData(MetricSettingsBean.java:1703)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.processOperationBindings(MetricSettingsBean.java:3003)
                  at oracle.sysman.core.metrics.ui.MetricSettingsBean.processRowSelection(MetricSettingsBean.java:975)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  ... 82 more
          2013-02-25 17:56:02,459 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR model.MonitoringConfiurationModel fillPropsValue.357 - Errro finding Target Property for name  orcl_gtp_os value $Linux
          2013-02-25 17:56:02,461 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR model.MonitoringConfiurationModel fillPropsValue.357 - Errro finding Target Property for name  orcl_gtp_platform value $x86_64
          2013-02-25 18:01:59,752 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR ui.MetricSettingsBean logp.251 - Exception when getting Realtime Data for Metric: Response Target Name: dwbi-durl-oel_5412 Target Type: storage_array_symm
                  :
                  :