This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 10:38 PM by 796384 RSS

Project builds take a long time

993254 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm new to Orace ADF and I using the OEPE pluging for Eclipse Juno. Everytime I make a change to one of *.jspx or *.jsff files and save the Eclipse IDE takes an extensive amount time (5 mins) to do "Processing variable in *.jspx" or to make updates to AppXray. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this. Should I turnoff all validation that is occurring for the Web module of my project?
  • 1. Re: Project builds take a long time
    796384 Newbie
    Can you please provide us more information, so that we can debug this on our end:

1. The version of OEPE plugins you are using
    2. Number of JSP files in the project and how many are open in the editor?
    3. I am assuming most of the jsp files have the binding el expressions in them. Is that correct?

First thing to try is to close the number of open jsp files and try to open only the JSPs which you are actually working with. This should speed up performance.

If this does not still resolve the problem, you could turn off AppXRay(Window->Preferences->AppXRay), but you will lose some features like refactoring of el expressions within jsp, code completion, hyperlinking and the binding variable tree in binding dialogs.

This has been an area where we have made improvments in the current release, but please provide us more information so that we can suggest a good workaround for you.
  • 2. Re: Project builds take a long time
    993254 Newbie
    1.) Version of OEPE Plugins

Oracle ADF Documentation (11.1.1.4.0)
    Part of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12.1.1.2.0

Integrated documentation for Oracle ADF 11.1.1.4.0.

2.) There are a total of 3 jsp type files (2 *.jspx, 1 *.jsff) in the entire project
    3.) Yes

Also, I followed your suggestions, which did not help the issue. As a result, I completed deleted the project in the workspace and started fresh. I repeated the same steps, but noticed that once I generated a bounded taskflow with an associated page fragment (*.jsff file type), that's when all my problems started occuring.

Perhaps this is too much, but below is the entire Eclipse Configuration:

*** Date: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:21:51 PM Eastern Standard Time

*** Platform Details:

*** System properties:
    J2EEcache=
    applicationXMI=org.eclipse.ui.workbench/LegacyIDE.e4xmi
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    eclipse.application=org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench
    eclipse.buildId=M20120914-1800
    eclipse.commands=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86_64
    -showsplash
    C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_4.2.1.v201209141800\splash.bmp
    -launcher
    C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    --launcher.library
    C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120522-1813\eclipse_1503.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
    --launcher.overrideVmargs
    -exitdata
    1c4_5c
    -vm
    C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe
    eclipse.home.location=file:/C:/Users/someuser/Desktop/Eclipse_Juno/eclipse/
    eclipse.launcher=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    eclipse.launcher.name=Eclipse
    eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2/
    eclipse.p2.profile=SDKProfile
    eclipse.product=org.eclipse.sdk.ide
    eclipse.startTime=1361826733285
    eclipse.vm=C:\Windows\system32\javaw.exe
    eclipse.vmargs=-Xms512m
    -Xmx2048m
    -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
    -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m
    -jar
    C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
    equinox.use.ds=true
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    file.separator=\
    gosh.args=--nointeractive
    guice.disable.misplaced.annotation.check=true
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
    java.class.version=50.0
    java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
    java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Local\Temp\
    java.library.path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security Agent\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools\Best Practices Analyzer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\apache-maven-3.0.4\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_32\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\grails-2.1.0\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure Shell;C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\;.
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
    java.runtime.version=1.6.0_32-b05
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version=1.6
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
    java.version=1.6.0_32
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version=20.7-b02
    line.separator=

oracle.eclipse.tools.cloud.ui.server.selected=false
    oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.ui.isWebLogicServer=false
    org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog
    org.eclipse.debug.ui.breakpoints.toggleFactoriesUsed=false
    org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.splash.location=C:\Users\someuser\Desktop\Eclipse_Juno\eclipse\\plugins\org.eclipse.platform_4.2.1.v201209141800\splash.bmp
    org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
    org.eclipse.m2e.log.dir=C:\AppBaseOracleMavenADF\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration
    org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false
    org.osgi.framework.executionenvironment=OSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,OSGi/Minimum-1.2,JRE-1.1,J2SE-1.2,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.5,JavaSE-1.6
    org.osgi.framework.language=en
    org.osgi.framework.os.name=Windows7
    org.osgi.framework.os.version=6.1.0
    org.osgi.framework.processor=x86-64
  • 3. Re: Project builds take a long time
    796384 Newbie
    Apologize for the late reply. If you are continuing to face the issue even after disabling appxray, you can try do this:

1. In Window->Preferences->AppXRay, make sure “Disable AppXray” button is not selected
    2 Below the Tech ext table, click on the “Disable All” button. That will turn off All Tech extensions for appxray discovery/collection

You will lose some of the features as mentioned earlier, but atleast it will allow you to proceed further.

I will continue to investigate the performance issue. I would probably need more information about your jspx file, especially how many EL expressions you got in each jspx/jsff file. Does it contain a lot of binding expressions?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points