5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 8:42 PM by mjglbt RSS

Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?

mjglbt
      Hi

I would like to thank Wijnand Gritter, Jim Marion and Nicolas Gasparotto for there work on converting the templates from OVM to virtual box it was was very helpful it getting mine (HCM) up and running. Does anyone know if the sqrs were not included for some reason? I was trying to run per010 as a test and it was not found. I checked the error log and then the directory that it pointed to but the directory was not found. I used Wijnand Gritter blog to install. Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?
          mjglbt
          Does anyone have an idea as to why the sqrs might be missing?
          • 2. Re: Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?
            J R Hunter
            The OVMs use the decoupled application home, PS_APP_HOME, for application specific code including SQRs. In my HCM OVM the decoupled app home is in /opt/oracle/psft/pt/apptools. The SQR you mentioned is located in /opt/oracle/psft/pt/apptools/sqr. Please refer to Jim Marion's posts and the links he had to threads in this forum for information about setting up PS_APP_HOME.
            • 3. Re: Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?
              mjglbt
              I was able to find out where the sqrs are they are on the DB box so I guess I need to just copy them to my shared folder and then over to the pt box.
              • 4. Re: Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?
                HakanBiroglu
                when you look at the SQR config in psprcs.cfg on the vm is states

[SQR]
                ;=========================================================================
                ; Settings for SQR Software
                ;=========================================================================
                SQRBIN=%PS_HOME%/bin/sqr/%PS_DB%/bin
                PSSQRFLAGS=-ZIF%PS_HOME%/sqr/pssqr%LANGUAGECD%.unx
                Print Log=N
                Enhanced HTML=N
                PSSQR1=%PS_APP_HOME%/sqr
                PSSQR2=%PS_HOME%/sqr
                PSSQR3=
                PSSQR4=

PS_HOME/sqr contains all PeopleTools SQR
                PS_APP_HOME/sqr contains the application SQR

The readme that came with the PIA-Batch vm states
                AppTools (PS_APP_HOME):  /opt/oracle/psft/pt/apptools (mounted from DB VM)

Also stated in Jim Marions blog, to mount PS_APP_HOME add following line to /etc/fstab
                FSCM912DB:/opt/oracle/psft/ptdb/apptools /opt/oracle/psft/pt/apptools nfs    rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
                (modify db server name with your db server name)

http://jjmpsj.blogspot.nl/2012/06/converting-peopletools-ovm-template-to.html

That way you do not have to copy the Application SQR from the DB vm to the PIA-Batch server
                • 5. Re: Are the application sqrs delivered with the OVM?
                  mjglbt
                  You answered thanks