2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 4:04 PM by rp0428 RSS

not able to open sql plus

Hello everyone

In a tutorial ask me to open sql plus to unlock hr account but I can't sign in into with any account, I also try with SYS, SYSDBA, SYSTEM and my personal account
      to log in, but it still send me an error panning me "ORA-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error"......

please help!

your friend wikikis
        • 1. Re: not able to open sql plus
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Hi,

Not really a question specific to the SQL Developer tool. Better to search one of the other forums. For example, try reading through this...
          ERROR: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Regards,
          Gary
          SQL Developer Team
          • 2. Re: not able to open sql plus
            rp0428
            WRONG FORUM!
            >
            In a tutorial ask me to open sql plus to unlock hr account but I can't sign in into with any account, I also try with SYS, SYSDBA, SYSTEM and my personal account
            to log in, but it still send me an error panning me "ORA-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error"......
            >
            Welcome to the forums but this forum is ONLY for sql developer questions.

Please mark this thread ANSWERED and open a new thread in the Database General forum
            General Database Discussions

When you post there provide your 4 digit Oracle version and information about how you are trying to connect.

Your error indicates that your client is not configured properly to connect to the database.