4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 5:00 PM by 972657 RSS

Gather Schema Statistics produces HUGE oracle trace file

Hi
      I am running gather schema stats on my E-Biz 12.1.3 / 11.2.0.3 system
      Each week we run Gather Schema Stats

I have noticed that when the job completes a 3g trace fuile is produced under the Oracle RDBMS home

I have tried un-checking the box when the COnc Request is submitted to DO NOT SAVE OUTPUT FILE but it is still procuced.

I dont want it and do not understand why it is produced. Anyone out there have a resolution?
        • 1. Re: Gather Schema Statistics produces HUGE oracle trace file
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          I have noticed that when the job completes a 3g trace fuile is produced under the Oracle RDBMS home
          What is the file name/location? What is the contents of this trace file?
          I have tried un-checking the box when the COnc Request is submitted to DO NOT SAVE OUTPUT FILE but it is still procuced.
          Do you have any debug/trace enabled on HRMS schema?
          I dont want it and do not understand why it is produced. Anyone out there have a resolution?
          Was this working before? If yes, any changes been done since then?

What are the parameters you use to run "Gather Schema Statistics" concurrent program?

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Gather Schema Statistics produces HUGE oracle trace file
            The trace file is produced:

$ORACLE_HOME/${CONTEXT}/diag/rdbms/lowecase sid/Uppercase SID/trace

It is a trace file - which looks like one that needs to be tkprof'ed

This file has ALWAYS been produced - and is being produced in all the cloned test systems also (so perhaps it is a setting from the original prod system that has been copied over)

We are not really using HRMS so would doubt it had trace enabled? How can I verify if this is the case please?

Thanks for the update Hussein
            • 3. Re: Gather Schema Statistics produces HUGE oracle trace file
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              We are not really using HRMS so would doubt it had trace enabled? How can I verify if this is the case please?
              Please run the query in (Query To Get Enabled Trace/Log/Debug Profile Options [ID 559618.1]).

Also, from System Administrator responsibility, navigate to (Security > AuditTrail > Install) and see if Audit is enabled.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Gather Schema Statistics produces HUGE oracle trace file
                Thanks Hussein
                The script showed that the partticular user had the following USER LEVEL profile sert:

Utilities:SQL Trace

That would explain it all

Thanks so much for the help