3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2013 5:59 PM by Aman.... RSS

Waitevent query

Deepak Pushkarna
      Hi All,

Need a small help, do anybody have some query to find out the wait event for running oracle session, if I have Oracle SID for the same.

and some reference doc for resolving the various wait events which is causing delay in the sql statement.

Thanks & Regards,
      Deepak
        • 1. Re: Waitevent query
          JohnWatson
          select event from v$session where sid=&which_sid;

--
          john Watson
          Oracle Certified Master DBA
          hhtp://skillbuilders.com
          • 2. Re: Waitevent query
            Deepak Pushkarna
            Hi John,

Thanks, is there any doc where in, I can find the resolution of various wait events.

and is there any such query at sql statement level, which gives the major bottleneck in the query at execution time.

Best Regards,
            Deepak
            • 3. Re: Waitevent query
              Aman....
              Deepak Pushkarna wrote:
              Hi All,

Need a small help, do anybody have some query to find out the wait event for running oracle session, if I have Oracle SID for the same.
              If the session is reported to have some slowness, it's going to be reported in the v$session_wait . Other than, a very good tool from Tanel Poder is there for the same thing, Session Snapper which can tell you a lot what the session is doing . You should be able to find it by Googling "tanel poder snapper" .
              and some reference doc for resolving the various wait events which is causing delay in the sql statement.
              I am not sure that for a running query, much can be said but if you are on 11g(I believe 11.2) , run time sql monitoring may give some clue?

Aman....