This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 5:27 AM by a.ugidos RSS

Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js

a.ugidos Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

In my application developen in oracle forms 6i and migrated to 11g icons are loaded from a jar file, it's working fine, icons are showed without problems.

Now, i have created an html menu and forms in the applet are called from the html menu using custom-javascript-event, when a form is called it doesn't show any icon, but if it is called from the original menu it shows the icons.

i have already read the chapter 4.9 Deploying Icons and Images Used by Forms Services in B14032-03.

Icons are showed by Set_Custom_Property( 'QMS$TOOLBAR.QUERY', 1, 'SET_IMAGE', '/query.png,CM' ) using LAF classes.

Any idea?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    In most cases, problems with displaying icons is the result of an incorrect path or filename typo. The easiest way to find these types of errors is to look at the server side logs and client side java console. If you look closely at the request for a particular failing image/icon likely you will find that either the URL to the file is incorrect or the actual file name is incorrect.
  • 2. Re: Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js
    a.ugidos Newbie
    Thanks Michel,

I have reviewed all logs but i haven't found any reference to any icon.

The icons aren't loading from web tier, they are inside a jar file located in classpath forms/java, the forms applet received this files as params
    <applet mayscript="" name="my_app_applet" archive="frmall.jar,rolloverbutton.jar,my_app_icons.jar,FormsGraph.jar,jacob.jar,frmwebutil.jar,csutil.jar,ehb.jar,JDICplus.jar,jazzy-SpellChecker.jar,JSpelling.jar,dvt-jclient.jar,dvt-utils.jar,jewt4.jar,xmlparserv2.jar,frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar" code="oracle.forms.engine.Main" codebase="/forms/java">

at this moment i have two menues, one in the application (my_app.mmb) and another one outside from application (ul-li items in an html document with the oracle forms applet). When the application calls a form from their native menu, the toolbar shows the icons (the are loaded using laf classes calling set_custom_property and the file inside mi_app_icons.jar, but when the form is calling from outside html menu using javascript and triggered an applet's event that is captured in the application with CUSTOM-JAVASCRIPT-EVENT it calls to the same form through the same procedure CALL_FORM. In fact, the forms are called by the same proc but when the menu that throws the call is the outside menu, the icons are no showed.

What is the diference????

Thanks a lot!
  • 3. Re: Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    Even when the icons come from a jar you will see a request for it in the console. For example, I have a jar named "oracleicons.jar". When an icon is loaded (or attempted to be loaded) from this jar you will see a client console entry that looks something like this:
    <blockquote>basic: Loaded image: jar:http://myserver:8890/forms/java/oracleicons.jar!/images/copy.gif</blockquote>
    Be aware that the exclamation point after the file name is expected. It may be necessary to enable trace level 2 or full console tracing to see these entries.

So. in my case, the jar has a subdirectory "images" and the image my form requested is "copy.gif". Notice how that is shown in the above console entry. In your case, look very closely at the complete entry. Take note of the complete path and file name. Also consider case sensitivity. Your form and the file name in should be of the same case. In other words, copy.gif is not the same as copy.GIF or Copy.gif.
  • 4. Re: Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js
    a.ugidos Newbie
    After review the problem, i think that i found the solution.

The problem:
    In when-new-form-instance we have a call to set_custom_property(...,'SET_IMAGE...'); that in item with LAF implementation class show that image in buttons.

When the forms are called from another form within the application the images are shown without problems.

But when the forms are called from the html menu outside from forms applet, images aren't shown, and they were shown when they are setted after a user interaction with the applet, so i have included a line in the javascript function that gives the focus to applet and the images are shown when the form is called from html menu, as this:

function(value)
    {
    document.applet_name.requestFocus();
    document.applet_name.raiseEvent('EVENT_NAME',menu);
    return false;
    }

Thanks!

Edited by: a.ugidos on 08-mar-2013 5:28
  • 5. Re: Oracle 11g applet not show icons in forms called from html menu with js
    a.ugidos Newbie
    the problem was solved giving the focus to the applet in the javascript call.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points