3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 12:55 PM by rukbat RSS

I have a stupid question

Not sure if this is the right forum.
      Is there an easier way to Enable/Disable Java content in the browser, than by going into the control panel, then clicking on the Java Control Panel, then going to the Security tab?
      Does someone know of a one click solution?
      I have Windows 7.
      Please advise and thanks.
        • 1. Re: I have a stupid question
          rukbat
          990989 wrote:
          Not sure if this is the right forum.
          Not particularly.
          This entire forum site is for programming using the Java language and not for end-user issues.
          Is there an easier way to Enable/Disable Java content in the browser, than by going into the control panel, then clicking on the Java Control Panel, then going to the Security tab?
          Does someone know of a one click solution?
          I have Windows 7.
          Please advise and thanks.
          I use Firefox as my preferred browser.
          I installed a plugin named NoScript which seems to disable EVERYTHING "Java" by default.
          You manually enable as-you-go, on a site by site basis, either temporarily or permanently, to teach the plugin what your preferences might be.

Start here:
          https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

... and I would have thought that a Google search on something like "browser enable disable java" would have presented you with much the same sort of information, with something like 12.5 million search results.
          • 2. Re: I have a stupid question
            gimbal2
            Thats hardly a one-click solution, you fail to match the strict requirements :)
            • 3. Re: I have a stupid question
              rukbat
              gimbal2 wrote:
              Thats hardly a one-click solution, you fail to match the strict requirements :)
              I know.
              12.5 million search results also means 12.5 million clicks toward a resolution of the original question.
              :)