4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 3:01 AM by Christian Erlinger RSS

Forms Comparison

LuKKa
      Hi All
      Do we have any functionality to compare to FMBs ?
      Let say i have 2 forms , one is old and one is latest . How can I compare both the forms so that I can know what is the difference between thiese two forms .
        • 1. Re: Forms Comparison
          a_cute_person
          LuKKa wrote:
          Hi All
          Do we have any functionality to compare to FMBs ?
          Let say i have 2 forms , one is old and one is latest . How can I compare both the forms so that I can know what is the difference between thiese two forms .
          what do u want to compare ?
          • 2. Re: Forms Comparison
            LuKKa
            Hi
            I want to compare both the forms , the older version and the new version .
            I want to check what is the difference triggers are there and what the difference coding is there in a trigger .
            I want to check all the diff between 2 forms .
            • 3. Re: Forms Comparison
              Andreas Weiden
              There are commercial tools to do so, one i know of is FormsApiMaster.
              • 4. Re: Forms Comparison
                Christian Erlinger
                You could also convert your forms to XML format using and compare them. However this wouldn't work for 6i and older versions. The FormsAPIMaster like Andreas suggested has a little brother named FormsTool which has the same compare functionality as FormsAPIMaster but lacks the scripting API (which you wouldn't need for plain compare). We are using it as diff/merge tool in conjunction with subversion for some years now and are quite pleased with it ;).

cheers