3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 11:52 AM by 606331 RSS

Deinstall tool not working

user1764238
      Hi,

I have installed Oracle 11g r2 Enterprise edition 32-bit software on Windows server 2008 R2 EE.

Then I have created two databases and listener there. Then deleted the databases as well as listener.

When I am trying to deinstall the product, the command prompt forcefully skipping after the configured database name option.

Please let me know how to mitigate this.
        • 1. Re: Deinstall tool not working
          sb92075
          user1764238 wrote:
          Hi,

I have installed Oracle 11g r2 Enterprise edition 32-bit software on Windows server 2008 R2 EE.

Then I have created two databases and listener there. Then deleted the databases as well as listener.

When I am trying to deinstall the product, the command prompt forcefully skipping after the configured database name option.

Please let me know how to mitigate this.
          I don't know what you have.
          I don't know what you do.
          I don't know what you see.
          It is really, Really, REALLY difficult to fix a problem that can not be seen.
          use COPY & PASTE so we can see what you do & how Oracle responds.

How do I ask a question on the forums?
          SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
          • 2. Re: Deinstall tool not working
            user1764238
            Error for your reference:

Checking for required files and bootstrapping ...
            Please wait ...
            14 File(s) copied
            792 File(s) copied
            1 file(s) copied.
            1 file(s) copied.
            Location of logs C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\OraDeinstall2013-03-01_2
            3-39-17\logs\

############ ORACLE DEINSTALL & DECONFIG TOOL START ############

######################## CHECK OPERATION START ########################
            Install check configuration START

Checking for existence of the Oracle home location D:\oracle\app\product\11.2.0\
            dbhome_1
            Oracle Home type selected for de-install is: SIDB
            Oracle Base selected for de-install is: D:\oracle\app
            Checking for existence of central inventory location C:\Program Files (x86)\Orac
            le\Inventory

Install check configuration END

Checking Windows and .NET products configuration START

The following Windows and .NET products will be deconfigured from the Oracle hom
            e : asp.net,ode.net,odp.net,ntoledb,oramts,oo4o

Checking Windows and .NET products configuration END

Network Configuration check config START

Network de-configuration trace file location: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te
            mp\2\OraDeinstall2013-03-01_23-39-17\logs\netdc_check2520105998912828227.log
            UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: oranjni11
            java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2\OraD
            einstall2013-03-01_23-39-17\bin\oraNJNI11.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 applicati
            on
            ERROR: get
            Database Check Configuration START

Database de-configuration trace file location: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\T
            emp\2\OraDeinstall2013-03-01_23-39-17\logs\databasedc_check610637828253540712.lo
            g

Use comma as separator when specifying list of values as input

Specify the list of database names that are configured in this Oracle home []:
            **************************************************************************
            • 3. Re: Deinstall tool not working
              Hi,

manually delete all files related oracle 11g and then run regedit and remove all the entries in registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle .......if you're not using any other Oracle software on your machine ..then..reboot....

please refer below link for more info....hope it will helpful to u...

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b28251/deinstall.htm
              https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2194602
              http://techmantr.in/blog/how-to-removeuninstall-oracle-9g10g11g-from-windows/

thanks,
              DBC,
              Sr DBA.